ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my car a few months back. So now I'm a proud owner for a 2011 WRX Premium Sedan (SWP :thumbup:). I'll post some pictures as soon as I pull them off my camera and re-size them.

I'm looking at upgrading the exhaust from the stock exhaust and came across a SPT exhaust system for sale. Prior to purchasing it I want to make sure it will bolt on correctly w/o any issues. The SPT exhaust came off a 2011 WRX STI sedan. In the 2011 WRX/STI accessories brochure they list two separate part numbers. One for the STI sedan and one for the WRX sedan. I called my local Subaru dealership and they couldn't tell me if it would fit and what was different about each exhaust system.

Does anyone know for sure if his SPT system setup from his STI will fit my WRX? I know there is a big difference between hatch and 4-door but I wondering the reason behind the two part #'s for the sedan.

Also I'm wondering if anyone has had vibration noises coming from the rear plastic deck lid behind the rear seats. I've taken it into Subaru once already and they took out the deck lid and dropped foam down in an attempt to quiet it up but I think I'm hearing the vibration return. It sounds really annoying :unhappy: They even lightly scratched my deck lid re-installing it :mad: They had someone repair it locally but I can still see the area where they touched up the scratches with paint. At an angle it looks like a giant glossy thumb print.

Thanks in advance for any feedback to my questions.
-Slayth

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Perrin has both of their cat-back exhausts as the same part number so I can only assume the are interchangeable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Jd9292677. My hunch is it will fit too. I was just curious if anyone has done it or knew anyone who had and if they got away with using stock gaskets.

I heard that Cobb might be releasing their cat-back system for the sedan in the next 2-4 weeks. I might hold out and opt to get that system. Either that or Perrin's. Anyone have the hatch Cobb system or Perrin for the sedan that could leave their feedback on these systems?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope this isn't awkward, but if you are not going to buy the SPT exhaust, would you mind pming me the information for the person selling it. I am looking for one also. lol.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks Jd9292677. My hunch is it will fit too. I was just curious if anyone has done it or knew anyone who had and if they got away with using stock gaskets.

I heard that Cobb might be releasing their cat-back system for the sedan in the next 2-4 weeks. I might hold out and opt to get that system. Either that or Perrin's. Anyone have the hatch Cobb system or Perrin for the sedan that could leave their feedback on these systems?
I was waiting for the Cobb a few months ago but it didn't sound like it was coming out anytime soon so I bought an Invidia Q300 for much, much less than the Cobb or Perrin. I've heard both the Cobb on 2011 STi hatch and the Perrin on a 2011 STi sedan. Both sounded good but they are very expensive for just a cat back.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
maxpayne_13 said:
aren't Nameless axle backs loud as hell?
Not in my experience.

A friend with one let me hear it one evening, and it sounded only slightly louder than stock at mild rev / idle.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
aren't Nameless axle backs loud as hell?
Not mine.The sedan version is slightly louder than the hatch version.The sedan version does not have a muffler.

They are not that much louder than stock on idle,but really open up when you rev hard.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I'm not entirely sure whether is will fit my car I've decided to wait to find one that either came off a WRX or get an entirely different exhaust all together. Maxpayne_13 I sent you a PM with his info. Good Luck on the purchase. -Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts