ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the seibon oem cf hood this week. It looks great and is wayy lighter. Everyone should get one.Let me know what you think :) 303972_2070081631552_1230203773_32085377_807120745_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Yes,I have a WRB.

Believe me.I would look stupid driving up to work with a CF hood on my car.I'm too old for that.Besides what would the cops think.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Besides what would the cops think.
I have often thought of doing something to the exterior of my car, to make it stand out a lil bit, and make it more "mine." But having a WRB wrx, i figure my car stands out enough as it is to the fuzz, so i have often reconsidered on myself :-/

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
So it's actually a weight reduction on the 08+ models? The aluminum hood on my 02 is already a couple pounds lighter than the Seibon CF hood..

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Yeah my hood on my 06 is the lightest hood I have ever come across. I have a friend that used carbon fiber wrap on his hood just for the look...and well...to cover up some hail damage...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yes,I have a WRB.

Believe me.I would look stupid driving up to work with a CF hood on my car.I'm too old for that.Besides what would the cops think.
You can certainly paint carbon fiber, but at that point, why bother putting it on?

I'm too old too for it, plus the cost to weight savings isn't really worth it IMHO.

But for you young kids do whatever you want, it's your car!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im going lighter due to the fact i bought this car to auto x. Its not my daily driver. Once i have my hood installed ill post pics. I have a 2011 wrb wrx... Who knows maybe you old farts will change ur minds :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts