ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pictures from the system I have been working on for the last couple weeks. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.

System is 2-way active off the JL audio HD900/5 100 x 4 for the mids and highs and 500 x 1 to the Dayton HO 10

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
suuuuuper clean man! i love it. i want the exact setup in my hatch. with that head unit did you lose the steering wheel controls?
It has the built-in capability but I did not bother to hook it because I never use the steering wheel controls.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Clean install. Thoughts now that everything's hooked up?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clean install. Thoughts now that everything's hooked up?
Yeah, what's next?

I wish there was something for me to add to it but this is exactly what I wanted, clean install with not a lot of equipment showing. Probably just work on sound deadening and fixing that notorious rear deck rattle, other then that the car/trunk is pretty solid.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Hoofhearted said:
Yeah, what's next?

I wish there was something for me to add to it but this is exactly what I wanted, clean install with not a lot of equipment showing. Probably just work on sound deadening and fixing that notorious rear deck rattle, other then that the car/trunk is pretty solid.
If you've got all the parts you wanted, the only remaining task is tuning. Have you already done that to your liking?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I just did a speaker upgrade and installed my amp under the seats. Where did you ground the amp?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just did a speaker upgrade and installed my amp under the seats. Where did you ground the amp?
There is a bolt on right by the drivers side air vent, it just goes into the body and nothing is connected to it. Just unscrew it and sand off the paint and it makes a perfect ground. My ground wire is only about 6 in long.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Thanks I think I know which one you are talking about. I installed my amp under the drivers and the bolt I used was between the vents under the seat. I am still getting a ground loop noise and will need to recheck the connections.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks I think I know which one you are talking about. I installed my amp under the drivers and the bolt I used was between the vents under the seat. I am still getting a ground loop noise and will need to recheck the connections.
I was getting a very small ground loop noise also and I checked the bolt and came lose so I really cranked it down and the ground loop has been gone sense.

Also how did you mount your amp? Mine goes amp, carpet, 1/4 wood, foam that I ripped off the underside of the carpet, body of car. Make sure your amp is not touching any metal if it is.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I took my seat off and moved the amp ground from the drivers floor mat retainer bolt to the bolt between the two vents I believe it was a 13mm. I had the inline filter already grounded to the bolt. I cleared off more paint and primer and tightened it down. It was getting dark out but I did test the should and it appeared to be fine. Once I figured out how to remover the seat warning and airbag connectors it was easy.

I plan to mount my sub amp on the passenger side. I am thinking about fiber glassing a similar enclosure in each corner for a 12" Kenwood sub that were for my Allante but never got them installed. They have been sitting in storage.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
i have the audio integrations box for the hatch, its awesome, love the design of it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts