Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with this one.
For about a month now, my radio has been cutting in and out.
for example.
as I am driving with the radio on
Radio shuts off (screen where it typically states the station is blank)
then a moment or 5 later it comes back on (displays the "Subaru" as if it has been just turned on)
then the sound comes back on.
I have cleaned the battery terminals and connectors.
all wiring under hood appears to be ok. (no obvious signs of damage or wear)

guess it may be worth it to mention that the rest of the display and console even the radio buttons are still lit. (white during the day and red at night), just the display shuts off and back on , but the radio itself is off then back on.

If anyone can shed some light on where I should be looking, that would be great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply!

Yah, it all looks good.
another point to make is , a couple days ago, I was using the Bluetooth connection and it was dropping so much I actually tuned the radio off using the knob, but it would come back on , once the car detected the Bluetooth I guess.(had to do it about 6 times)
but ever since that ,moment of actually firmly pressing in the knob, it has not tuned off and back on while using the radio.
could it maybe have been a problem with the power button/knob? I don't usually use the knob as the radio is always on , and I adjust the radio volume and all other settings using the steering wheel.
well I will continue to monitor the problem , and report back if it happens again in the next couple days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A little late to the party on this one but the stock radios on these cars are garbage when using bluetooth. I was having the same problems with it cutting out and just dropping the BT connection. I eventually just replaced my head unit with a better quality aftermarket one and no more BT issues and the sound was worlds better. I'd recommend doing the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts