ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to ask your opinion on whether I should jump on this WRX deal I found locally.

2011 subaru WRX premium (black) sedan with spoiler and sunroof, heated seats/windshield. Has blue tooth and the after market AEM cold air intake and Cobb Acces controller, everything else is stock. This WRX only has 5,000 miles on it.

I am in negotiations right now, he is thinking about accepting my offer at $24k

Im just wondering if this is a fair price for this particular ride?

Note: The front bumper has a 4-5" crack from hitting some snow, the rear plastic bumper cover has 2 quarter size dings in the plastic as well.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
It does not sound a 'bad' price, but not a great price.

the 2011 premium plus heated seats (cold weather pack) is MSRP of about $28K, AEM + Cobb AP is about $850

So you are looking at about $27K to $29K worth of car, with 5K miles on it....but with cosmetic damage that will cost you $500-$1000 to fix.

If the dings to the bumper don't bother you, or make you think the guy may have mistreated it, and you don't mind having to deal with repairs right out of the gate, it could be a decent purchase.

Why is he selling though? Same year, private seller, ultra low miles....seems odd unless he is having financial troubles or 1st born on the way.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That's a tough one considering the slight damage. I would go over the car very well and look for signs of abuse or wear. And since it's black check out the paint in the sunlight when the car is clean because black will show any imperfections like scratches or swirls. Also, Blue tooth is standard on all 2011 models.

One nice thing about buying a used car from a private seller is you can save some money on tax if the seller is cool about it.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
The price is about where it should be, which is probably a good sign. Too low is often a sign they are hiding something and just want to move it fast. Just be sure you can get it looked over by a pro, see if he had it in for its first service, and check on warranty transfer.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Already modded car at 5k, already broken bumpers $2,000 worth of damage (1k to replace and repaint and blend front end, 1k to replace, repaint blend rear) I say a big NO.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Good point on the price Bo, I was basing my guess-timate on a car with 5K miles not needing colors blended, just spray stock.... but especially with black, even the slightest changing in fading would be noticeable in good light

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Good point on the price Bo, I was basing my guess-timate on a car with 5K miles not needing colors blended, just spray stock.... but especially with black, even the slightest changing in fading would be noticeable in good light
It isn't just a black, it is a metallic with a pearl so it really does need blended. The downside with any Subaru paint is that there is no better choice than the other, they all have a pearl/metallic in them.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I think the price is ok, but not a once in a lifetime price. You still have the majority of the Subaru warranty left on it.

I would think you could get closet to that price on a 2012 (or 2011 holdover if there are any left) if you are willing to go with the base model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts