ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, fairly new to the forum. I've always loved both cars, the WRX and the STI. Recently I've been given the option of getting a new car, and I'd like your opinions on which to choose and why. My troubling factor would be the large price difference. If you were given an option on around a 25k budget, would you buy the 2011/12 WRX? OR is it worth saving another 8k for an STI? In regards to the STI, I'm looking at the 4dr. Thanks! Are there any options you guys would suggest as well?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What are your driving impressions of each?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey! I went through the same thing. Drove the 135, GTI, SRT4, WRX and STI AMD MS3

When it came down to it nothin was like the Subaru so my decision came between the 2011 WRX and the STi

I went with the WRX and here is why. For

$300 DP
$500 sways
$150 endlinks
$350 springs
$500 tune

I have some comparable to the new STi. Not just like by relatively close. the STi is a monster. An it's a 6SPdMT the suspension is different and not to mention the smart drove options. But I couldn't justify spending 8-10k more for a DD.

These of course are just my opinions. And I am in love
With my WRX! so take that with a grain if salt!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Get the wrx and put 3k into it and it will out perform a stock Sti and you'll still have $ to spend. I doubt you will be tracking it every weekend and doing clutch dumps at every stop light so the wrx with some little mods is a way better choice for a street car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts