My wrx make a fluttering noise when I'm at wot around 4500rpm
I am running the stock turbo
What could be causing this
I attached a video below

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still hitting 20psi.. do u think that it lecking when under high boost?

·
Premium Member
10,594 Posts
What are full bolt ons? A turbo bolts on, heads bolt on, destroked crank bolts in. That's not a definitive. Neither is stage 2 or 3 or whatever.

What mods are on it?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,847 Posts
Yup. I’ll be honest, I was reading the thread waiting for a list of mods on the 14th but when I saw “full bolt ons” I tunes out. I assume OP solved the problem by now. Nice to see you XJ!

·
Premium Member
10,594 Posts
Yup. I’ll be honest, I was reading the thread waiting for a list of mods on the 14th but when I saw “full bolt ons” I tunes out. I assume OP solved the problem by now. Nice to see you XJ!
I've been lonely and with the Corona virus lurking about I have to make sure the cretins are alive and well.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,847 Posts
I appreciate that! I don't want to get 'Rona any more than the next person, so I've limited my movements and am wearing a mask (plus a blonde wig; I'm going everywhere disguised as Marylin Monroe). Stay healthy!

·
Æternum
20,354 Posts
Same. Considering that my job necessitates travel, this is tough. Especially considering I have some really nasty underlying health problems going on at the same time. The question is... do I want to get it now or later?

·
Premium Member
10,594 Posts
Same. Considering that my job necessitates travel, this is tough. Especially considering I have some really nasty underlying health problems going on at the same time. The question is... do I want to get it now or later?
That's ugly. We are on company lock down. No travel, people who left the tri-state area on vacation are forced into a 14 day wait to return. With the automotive industry slump it's already been tough and now we are dying so I'm assuming we are all going to be shutting up shop soon.

If I were you I'd take your concerns up the pipe, unless you work in a place where zero shits are given.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just guessing but that also could be your header leaking. Try to have a smoke check and see if any smokes come out from anywhere. I had a leak and it sounds just like that. My boost was still there but the noise was just ignoring. But I got that fixed. Very happy now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts