ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently gone to a stage 2 tune via cobb accessport on my 2011. I have a full invidia turboback exhaust, stock airbox. My car seems to be running rich, I am coming to that conclusion because I have black residue forming on the tips. Also if I am heavy on throttle at high rpm, i will get a pop out of the exhaust. Any direction or solutions? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony, thanks for the response. I havent....i saw the program in the tuner but havent used it. Not to sure what to do, or what i am looking at if I do it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
are you catless? cobb OTS tunes do not support catless downpipes. here are datalogging instructions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, went catted. I will do some logging and post. Might be able to get some feedback then

·
Registered
141 Posts
i also just installed an invidia catted dp, but still have factory catback. I have not looged yet, but i also havent noticed any excessive black residue or any popping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I logged some data, can't get it on this website. I am showing 0's down the board for A/F, all 1's for the DAM, 0's for feedback and fine knock. Any input, I can email you map if it helps. Please help and thanks

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
These cars run rich in openloop fueling from the factory. The Cobb maps are pretty conservative and run somewhat rich as well. Get a custom tune. Also in order to absolutely correctly tell what your AFR is you will need an aftermarket wideband gauge/sensor.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
I have recently gone to a stage 2 tune via cobb accessport on my 2011. I have a full invidia turboback exhaust, stock airbox. My car seems to be running rich, I am coming to that conclusion because I have black residue forming on the tips. Also if I am heavy on throttle at high rpm, i will get a pop out of the exhaust. Any direction or solutions? Thanks
Just an FYI to ease your mind - Don't let a little popping worry you when coming off WOT at high RPMs. If the logs good, all is well. Just make sure all of your exhaust connections are good. I'm protuned stage 2, and mine still pops a little (afterfire) when I REALLY get on it. It's always safer to be a little rich than lean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts