ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do we get a key and a remote (both fat) when the outback drivers get a key with an integrated remote? I am a minimalist when it comes to keys. It seems absolutely ridiculous to have two separate items. Does everyone have a remote and key, or did I get jipped somehow?:confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I got a key and a remote. Don't really mind it one bit since I've always had something like that... since we are on the topics of keys I'd pose a question. Is it possible to get a keyless starter for manual transmissions (obviously in particularly to the wrx 2011)? I've never heard of it before and was wondering if there was a reason on why I haven't.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can't get a keyless starter for a MT because you would have to be sure that you leave the car in neutral every time, also there would need to be a way to have the clutch pedal pressed in since every late model MT car has it so the engine will not start without the clutch pedal engaged. As for the key and keyless remote in one, a buddy has a 05 Forester where he got the all-in-one key/remote for an extra charge through a local Subaru dealer but is not that crazy about it cause the "range on it sucks" (his words, not mine). So it is possible to get an all-in-one key made for you WRX, but it will cost you.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
There are self starts available for MTs.There is an exit procedure you have to perform each time you shut off the car,if you want to activate self start.But it is possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are self starts available for MTs.There is an exit procedure you have to perform each time you shut off the car,if you want to activate self start.But it is possible.
I thought that there might be, guess I should have google'd it before responding.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would be interested, if it doesn't cost a fortune to swap out my key and fob for just a key/fob. I agree that its simpler and easier to use.

Oh well at least I got my "chirps" disabled...I mean way to say "Mr. Stalker/Attacker I've just unlocked my car if you didn't already see by the lights flashing you HEARD it too!!!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts