ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never have been too mechanically inclined. I mean, I'm no idiot. I used to work on cars for a living changing tires/oil but I don't understand mechanics well enough to know how to increase horsepower/boost safely. I bought the WRX for insurance purposes and have already done a number of things to increase interior/drivability. Now all I want is to up the horsepower to somewhere around 330hp. Nothing crazy, no turbo swaps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I have the stage 1 tune on it already, all i need for stage 2 is downpipe? I was thinking about putting an up pipe on...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
pretty sure your up pipe is already catless so there isn't much benefit. So DP and tune. But thats not going to get you 330 to the wheels if thats what your after

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
330 at the crank would be great. Horsepower from the factory is measure from the crank right? I just want it to be STI lively

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
If you add a turbo back exhaust and the cobb stage 2 map will get you STi power. If you goto a tuner and get a pro tune, he should be able to squeeze some extra power out of the car and make it a little more efficient and reliable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts