Why are you selling the hood?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Which CF hood did you go with?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It's not really worth anything unless you find somebody that had an accident and needs to replace their hood, which could take a year or two. And then you're probably only looking at $50 for it and it'll have to be somebody local since they're too expensive to ship.

Like others have said, save it for when your CF hood starts to turn white.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the reason i asked is because someone wants to buy my hood. I went with the seibon oem wet cf hood. I hope it doesnt go milky for a few years. Im going to seal it, wax the **** outta it. And the car will spend most of its time and winters in the garage so im hopeing it will last long

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Well how much did the person offer you? When I traded my milky cf hood, i got a oe hood and had the buyer give me a $100.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I on the other hand cannot wait for it to snow.Just a reason to put on my news wheels.
I can't wait to drive all over creation in the snow while most people are stranded and scared to leave their houses.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Well then they can buy it from someone else :) lol. I wont part for it that cheap, im not trying to throw away money lol
So...you're one of those guys what would try and sell their stock exhaust bits for 1000 bucks aren't you? Stock parts are worth jack. Sorry to burst your bubble but if you try and sell your used hood for what it retails at a Subaru I'd consider you either 1) unreasonable seller or 2) a scammer. I wouldn't waste my time dealing with you. My advice, take the 150 and be happy.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why cf? I would stick with stock. You will draw attention to yourself for minimal gain. Save your money, or use it for suspension or power. Cf looks cheap in my opinion.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
So...you're one of those guys what would try and sell their stock exhaust bits for 1000 bucks aren't you? Stock parts are worth jack. Sorry to burst your bubble but if you try and sell your used hood for what it retails at a Subaru I'd consider you either 1) unreasonable seller or 2) a scammer. I wouldn't waste my time dealing with you. My advice, take the 150 and be happy.
When I got my CBE installed the installer told me that I should have mo problem selling my stock exhaust (~5500mi on it) for atleast $800.... I just smiled and left.....he had no clue

1 - 20 of 27 Posts