ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing? I got pulled over 4 times in the last month and I have been driving pretty decent. really don't know what to do. I'm taking off my after market exhaust off .

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you have FMIC i guess you could have scoop less hood.. but my guess is the exhaust is drawing to much attention

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah, I used to get pulled over all the time. I keep the speed limit and make sure the car is all legal. Now I just get dirty looks from cops who are looking for any possible reason to pull me over. That isn't enough though sadly, multiple times I've had cops lie, saying things like I didn't use my turn signal and other bs, just to get a closer look to see if they can give me a ticket for something...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I used to get pulled over all the time. I keep the speed limit and make sure the car is all legal. Now I just get dirty looks from cops who are looking for any possible reason to pull me over. That isn't enough though sadly, multiple times I've had cops lie, saying things like I didn't use my turn signal and other bs, just to get a closer look to see if they can give me a ticket for something...
Yep, you always gotta be cautious

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Removing your hood scoop isn't going to help

I have a bright blue wrx. Gold wheels. Hood scoop. Loud exhaust. Dark window tint. I've only been pulled over once and that was 4 years ago.

I'm not sure why they would keep pulling you over unless you are breaking the law or seem sketchy

·
Registered
265 Posts
^^^
Cops in my area have nothing else better to do so they pull over people with cars like mine... I'm a teacher for crying out loud, I'm not street racing or doing anything illegal. I just get stereotyped because of my car, I honestly can't stand cops...

·
Registered
316 Posts
The hood scoop is functional. It is required to duct cooling air through the intercooler. So the short answer is: you can't change your hood without relocating the intercooler.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Rather than modify the car, modify your driving habits. Law enforcement needs probable cause to pull you over, so what are they pulling you over for?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Rather than modify the car, modify your driving habits. Law enforcement needs probable cause to pull you over, so what are they pulling you over for?
Like I said I have been driving really conscious lately and i still keep getting pulled over. I think I am going to stop driving in the fast lane and remove my after market exhaust. Yesterday I got pulled over going 70 in a 65, no joke and the cop said I was going 80 because he clocked the guy 3 cars in front of me going fast. He turned his lights on and then he points to me, I could not believe it. I asked the cop what I did and he said i was speeding and then he was very rude to me and wouldn't say anything else, and then I started to explained i am a responsible adult who graduated college blah blah. I was so upset driving home all i wanted to do is sell my car. 2 tickets in less than 7 days.......:nono: I am going to loose my license

I really am thinking about getting a lawyer and fighting the one ticket because I feel so wrong in the event where the three cars took place. From now on i am hitting record on my Iphone voice recorder once I get pulled over.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I have a total of 3 speeding tickets this year and one talking on the phone while driving ticket. I acknowledge I have a problem with my driving, and I do need to modify the driving, and I have been driving consciously driving lately, and that is why I am so bothered by the fact that I have been pulled over lately.Sorry a mouth full. I even thought of selling my car but I would loose too much, so that is not an option.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why have you gotten pulled over each of the 10 times? All for speeding?

I drive fast (very) and have much more noticeable and probably much louder cars than you and while I have been targeted simply for that and not anything I've done wrong, there must be a reason you're getting pulled over so much that has nothing to do with your car.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont understand what you are trying to say. No offense, but I think I have spelled everything out in my post, I have even admitted my wrongs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree with teflon.

You're basically driving a turbo charged economy sedan; not a GTR or something. Cops targeting you just because of a hood scoop (which even Toyota Tacomas have) is hard to believe.

One thing I will say though is that it's easy to speed in these cars that beg to be driven fast without even noticing.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I guess I did not explain everything. These 4 events happened in the last 7 days

1. I got pulled over the other day for having my highbeems on in the mountains at 2 am when there was literally no one in the area and I was scared of killing myself hitting a deer or flying off a cliff.

2. I got pulled over for having my blinker on "too long" I saw a hotel I wanted to stay in and I was looking for the next turn to go back because I did not want to do an illegal U-turn.

3-4 The 2 speeding tickets, which one I was going 80 in a 70, which was my fault, and the other explained above, which I dont agree with.

The last 7 days I have driven for over a thousand miles as well. It has left a very sour taste in my mouth due to the fact I have not been pulled over since I was 16 while driving a honda civic.

I am a Registered Nurse that was thinking of modifying my car and having fun accelerating my car to the speed limit, now I am just going to be a turtle in the slow lane. I really hope I keep my license. I will admit I did go 80 in a 70 and that is a bit excessive.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I feel your pain buddy. I get targeted for no reason and like I said before, even get cops who lie to pull me over...

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Wow. Are you the only resident of this town or something? You can hear my car from across Marsh Creek :) (I've been told), no front plate, illegal tint, etc....and I have not been pulled over once. <knocking on wood desk>

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
I agree with tony (rage). I got two tickets within a month of eachother a while back, first time in a couple years. Sometimes pewp happens.

Also, with regards to everyone saying that a cop needs probable cause to pull you over...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yea, I'll agree that according to 'the book' they need probable cause, but try to prove the cop wrong. Go for it...I think the last time I heard about a cop getting proved wrong was with Vez and the loudness of his exhaust. They will pull you over for w.e they feel like, bc they have no accountability.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts