ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 WRX hatch and looking for a cat back exhaust i was thinking Invidia or Magnaflow both around the some price...:confused: Does anyone know which one is better? Or which one sounds better?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true i was also wondering if any body knew which one was better in quality like the fitment and everything

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I like the Magnaflow I installed on a buddy's car recently. As said, an exhaust is a subjective mod; you really need to hear them both in person and make the choice for yourself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the Magnaflow I installed on a buddy's car recently. As said, an exhaust is a subjective mod; you really need to hear them both in person and make the choice for yourself.
I don't want to bump an older topic, but how was the install? I've read that some people have had to cut parts of their rear diffuser.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I would not think that a big name company like Magnaflow would make a vehicle specific exhaust that you then had to cut bodywork to make fit. The stories you heard were likely from people who either were not installing it correctly, or had bought the wrong exhaust for their car (like bought a 2011 hatch exhaust that has dual tips on each side for a 2010 which had only passenger side hole in the rear diffuser)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Amaterasu said:
I don't want to bump an older topic, but how was the install? I've read that some people have had to cut parts of their rear diffuser.
I've uninstalled / reinstalled this exhaust a few times, and there was no cutting of OE parts.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just swapped out my HKS Hi-power for an Invidia Q300 on my bugeye WRX. The invidia unit is a nicer unit in terms of quality, was cheaper, and I think sounds better. Best of all, it is much quieter than the HKS unit which is what I was looking for.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I have the Q300, it is very good quality and mated perfectly to my stock DP. At first I felt it was a little loud but I lined the hatch with Dynamat and I really enjoy it now.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the Magnaflow and love it. A gal here in town has the q300 it's nice to. Im not sure you can go wrong

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just ordered the Magnaflow Catback exhaust for my hatch. Should I use the old gasket or buy a new one and install with the sealer? I was reading up about other people having leaks and what not.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
ALWAYS use new gaskets on exhaust parts. They're extremely cheap and sometimes a pain in the ass to change out, especially when you consider that you could avoid the whole mess for a couple of bucks spent in advance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ALWAYS use new gaskets on exhaust parts. They're extremely cheap and sometimes a pain in the ass to change out, especially when you consider that you could avoid the whole mess for a couple of bucks spent in advance.
Ok. Where would I be able to purchase the gasket? I believe it is a donut gasket and I'm thinking Oakos or Autozone around here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts