ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not what is everyone doing to upgrade them? I have heard they don't work all that well just wondering if there is an upgraded bulb or something to make them work brighter. If they work great thats even better! Thanks Chris

·
Registered
750 Posts
A lot people say that they are useless. Which they are direct from the factory. What a lot of people don't realize is that the fogs are aimed incorrectly from the factory (Full down). With proper color conversion (ideally "selective yellow") and properly aimed they are very useful.

Keep in mind fog lights are only used for inclement weather such as moderate to heavy rain, fog, and snow. They shouldn't be left on at all times. It always surprises me how many people leave their fogs on during clear nights. Properly aimed fog lamps cause a lot of glare to oncoming traffic. So please mind others safety.

To properly aim them follow the instruction: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
There's a vertical adjustment screw on the back of the fog light assembly.

Selective yellow conversion can be done by either applying a yellow film over the lens and/or by painting the assembly with metallic clear yellow paint.

As for bulb the stock bulb should be enough. Remember fogs are only supposed to light the foreground (First 10-20ft in front of the car) so you can see road lines and immediate road obstacles. Brighter bulbs usually inhibit fog usefulness by increasing back reflection.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump :) I have a pair of 02 is300 fogs that I'm taking apart. I loved the yellow projector look on my Lexus and will figure out a way to retro them in plus add 3000 hid. Now I just need to find a good deal on a '11 fog kit. Dealer is wayyyyy to much. Will update shortly. Anyone know of a good place to get new fogs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts