Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
I remember looking a while back, there are DIYs...if I remember right, there are led behind the cluster, and you'd need to order whatever colored led, and know how to solder/remove the oe ones

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Red is best, green is next...anything else is hard on the eyes at night
I like the red. Green looks too old, white does look good, but like mentioned, it will hurt your night vision a lot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want them to be like my TSX... Cool white. Never had a vision problem at night with the tsx dash lights. And it looks great as well. Plus 99.9% of my night driving is done in a brightly lit city anyways... And theres a dimmer switch for a reason, if they're somehow affecting my vision (which has never happened).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
White instrument panels remind me of Mopar. Mopar reminds me of suffering.

The red serves a distinct purpose as mentioned earlier. The bright white can prevent your eyes from adjusting properly to darkness leading to poorer than average vision. Reds do not have the same effect. You'll eventually see more companies adopt red hues as night vision has become something they are starting to address with the testing with different headlights and visibility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
No, it is a fact that anything but red are not good for night vision. Not even green. It does strain your eyes and does affect your ability to adjust...I would know
Not saying don't do it, it looks good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts