ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2011 WRX DMG last week and noticed condensation in both headlights. It has been below 0 degrees for the past few days but regardless I dont think there should be condensation. Is this a known issue? I didnt notice any condensation on the lights of any of the cars on the lot..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im new to this forum. It sounds libut an annoying broken seal but should be a straightforward warranty repair. My issue is that headlights are just too weak. I have 2011 wrx base model with crappy lights; I wish there was xenon light option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just picked up a 2011 WRX DMG last week and noticed condensation in both headlights. It has been below 0 degrees for the past few days but regardless I dont think there should be condensation. Is this a known issue? I didnt notice any condensation on the lights of any of the cars on the lot..
IMG00518-20111229-1051.jpg IMG00519-20111229-1051.jpg IMG00522-20111229-1332.jpg

·
Registered
719 Posts
Are the black twist on caps on? Pop the hood and look behind the headlight there should be a twist on cap covering the headlight

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah unfortionatly i have the same problem. Took my car to several dealerships and now i work at one. They gave me a print out showing it is a known issue that is not under warrenty. I plan on takeing mine out and resealing them. Hopefully it will work. I dont personally know why they let in condensation but your not alone. The techs at my work cant figure it out either(not only why there is condensation in my headlight but why subaru would put out a product like that that isnt covered. Anyway i also had to replace a headlight due to it getting smashed out but i had it replaced with an oem headlight, which unfortionatly also lets condensation in.

However here is the wierd part i think you might find interesting...

This was at a show, the car was in the sun and it spit only a couple rain drops. Those are the raindrops on the headlights but where they landed you can see the condensation that formed in a matter of seconds. It was the only time this happend and i thought that was messed up lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why do you disagree? What else could be the issue? One of mines gets condensation in it sometimes but I figured it was from when I did my retrofit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts