ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been looking around for a cf driveshaft for our 2011 wrx and i think i might have found one...Just got off the phone with pst (a guy named mark is who i talked to) and he told me if i could get the measurements of a 2011 wrx driveshaft, such as length, width, size of flange ect.... he could make one up....soo i was wondering if anyone knows these measurements???

thanks guys

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What other mods does your car have that you're looking to spend the money on a CF driveshaft?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
Having gone through interactions with a driveshaft shop, I'll tell you this much: I would not measure anything. I would take them the driveshaft. Not kidding. Take the driveshaft there, have them measure exactly what they need.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Having gone through interactions with a driveshaft shop, I'll tell you this much: I would not measure anything. I would take them the driveshaft. Not kidding. Take the driveshaft there, have them measure exactly what they need.
This. They know exactly what they are looking for, while you are only going off what they are telling you. Get one thing wrong and, well.... let's just say you don't want to take the chance of that happening.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
so how does your question help me??
He's trying to determine exactly why you are ordering a CF driveshaft, especially when there are SO many mods that come before that which improve your overall driving experience in much more beneficial ways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
already have twm sst, cobb ap, aem intake, and my coilovers will be on in oct....just want to make the car smoother, speed can always come later...i would rather have a smooth crisp driving car...

·
U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID)
960 Posts
[/thread]

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
already have twm sst, cobb ap, aem intake, and my coilovers will be on in oct....just want to make the car smoother, speed can always come later...i would rather have a smooth crisp driving car...
You still have some things to replace before a CF driveshaft. There are bushings, mounts, sway bars, brakes and tires which will all give more of a benefit than a CF drive shaft will. A CF driveshaft isn't a bad mod by any means, but there are much better things to spend your money before that.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
You've played gran tourismo one too many times my friend. By the end of next week I'll have an 11 second WRX at sea level and 12sec at 6000ft... I don't have one. I don't want one. It's not a modification that's worthwhile ANYWHERE in your near future. There are balancing issues on some, and for the money you can get quite a bit more out of your car for less $

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
skip the driveshaft.. unless you just want to brag that you have a cf driveshaft there's no need for one. Not when the rest of the drivetrain is so heavy the difference in driveshaft will not matter.

If you want smooth crisp power delivery get the group N trans mount, rear diff mount bushings/inserts and cradle bushing inserts. Its literally under $200 and will dramatically improve how the car gets power to the ground. Not only that, but they're all super easy to install.

·
Registered
882 Posts
so how does your question help me??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sheat...ne 1 live in florida lol
What does this mean?

Why would a CF drive shaft make the car any smoother? As long as the factory drive shaft is balaced properly it will be smooth. A lighter drive shaft would only decrease rotational mass and give you alittle bit more power.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
...just want to make the car smoother, speed can always come later...i would rather have a smooth crisp driving car...

Then a CF drive shaft is probably the last thing you would want to install. AFIK any CF drive shaft tremendously increases vibration.. at least the ones for our cars. There is nothing "smooth" about it. They are lighter, but if you're going after reduced rotating mass there are lots of better, more effective ways to go about it. I would say that forged internals that have been balanced would be the first place to start, you can knife edge your crank if you want, but with CP pistons, h-beam rods, and a light weight flywheel, I can honestly say I would not want any less rotating mass in my engine. I would consider getting a CF driveshaft after spending around $25,000 in other mods to the car.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
A lighter driveshaft will definitely not help smooth anything out.. Send your driveshaft off and have it balanced if you want smoother, although it should already be spun balanced from the factory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts