ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID)
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. plastidipped the vents and housing for the foglight and I assume the plastic tips that secure it were not correctly seated because I just cleaned up the car and noticed it gone. Buddy of mine pointed it out the other day it was loose and I managed to forget about it.. what I deserve I guess :]

Well my question is this, anyone know how much they run?

Has anyone done any functional replacements for routing cool air?

Thanks, just curious what anyone's experiences are.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What "vent" are you referring to? Can you take/steal a picture?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Car got back from the shop yesturday, i also needed one of those.

I'd assume the one type of vent someone would want to use that spot for is maybe the brake rotors, but it enters into the bottom of the engine bay so i don't know how easy/hard it would be.

·
U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID)
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car got back from the shop yesturday, i also needed one of those.

I'd assume the one type of vent someone would want to use that spot for is maybe the brake rotors, but it enters into the bottom of the engine bay so i don't know how easy/hard it would be.
Yeah I think I may end up scooping the CF replacement (swore I wouldn't do CF after my Scion) and see how that looks.. worst case I'll paint over it with WRB.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The shop I'm having replace my bumper cover including that part quoted me:
29.95 - Subuaru OEM replacement
10.00 - 0.2 hrs labor to install @ $50/hr
20.00 - 0.4 hrs labor to paint @ $50/hr
5.00 - 0.1 hrs labor to clear coat @ $50/hr
64.95 - TOTAL INSTALLED PRICE

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
whats the purpose of this mod? Does it look better than stock? Would love to see a picture of what you guys are talking about.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Looks great.Now I know what it will look like on my car.

I was actually thinking of getting one of those CF vents to match my CF lip.But me thinks this looks fine & would save me some $.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Personally - I don't think this would look very good without the black wheels and mud flaps.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts