ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i was puttin around out in town and on the way back to home noticed my right blinker light was flashing faster than normal. i checked the rear and front lights and they are considerably fainter than the left lights. so i reflashed my ecu and then my car wouldnt start. at all.

Then i uninstalled the ap, reinstalled the map and got the car to start. now when im driving at or about 3000 rpms it quickly revs itself up to 5500 or more depending on how much i press the pedal, just like it would if i had the clutch pressed. any idea whats wrong? it only has 4500 miles on it and the ap isnt getting any bad codes from the ecu

please help

·
Banned
664 Posts
what made you link turn signal lights with a ECU tune? im just confused, sounds like someone saying i popped a tire so i replaced the motor.

fast blinker lights normally means one on that side is blown. did you actually pull both the front and back bulbs out and compair them, or see if they're blown? i have to go look but i thought the bulbs were clear (at least the rear ones) so how could they be fainter?

the flashing issues seems like an AP problem. call the sourse tomorrow, they should give you a run down.

what did you flash to? stock to stage 1 or stage 1 to stock?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what made you link turn signal lights with a ECU tune? im just confused, sounds like someone saying i popped a tire so i replaced the motor.

fast blinker lights normally means one on that side is blown. did you actually pull both the front and back bulbs out and compair them, or see if they're blown? i have to go look but i thought the bulbs were clear (at least the rear ones) so how could they be fainter?

the flashing issues seems like an AP problem. call the sourse tomorrow, they should give you a run down.

what did you flash to? stock to stage 1 or stage 1 to stock?
why would having one of my tail lights blown make the front light dim also? i just reflashed my stage 1 map and it wouldnt start so i flashed stock ecu settings ( uninstalled ) and reinstalled stage 1 93 map. now im having a serious issue vs the blinker which is the least of my concerns

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it sounds and feels like my clutch is engaging itself when i try to accelerate it makes zero sense, and i smelled clutch just now when i took it for a drive to better evaluate whats going on

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Reflash the car to stock, take the car in to the dealer..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reflash the car to stock, take the car in to the dealer..
well thats pretty much the idea ^^ i just want to know what happened. atleast i got my warranty, i dont really beat on the car at all. ive never autox ive gone to the drag strip twice. dont launch it in between stop lights like a jackass. im really dissapointed im already having issues at 4500 miles..

·
Banned
664 Posts
why would having one of my tail lights blown make the front light dim also? i just reflashed my stage 1 map and it wouldnt start so i flashed stock ecu settings ( uninstalled ) and reinstalled stage 1 93 map. now im having a serious issue vs the blinker which is the least of my concerns

i wasnt saying a blown light makes the other dim. i was saying one blown will make your other one blink faster then normal letting you know you have a blown bulb, that is the problem thay you were talking about right?

right i understand its a less concern now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well yeah i know it will blink faster if one goes out but both of them being dim leads me to believe its an eletrical issue. but yes its of little concern now seeing as i have a much more pressing problem to deal with. hopefully the dealership can get me in soon, they arent open today so i cant make an appointment until tomorrow.

·
Banned
664 Posts
well thats pretty much the idea ^^ i just want to know what happened. atleast i got my warranty, i dont really beat on the car at all. ive never autox ive gone to the drag strip twice. dont launch it in between stop lights like a jackass. im really dissapointed im already having issues at 4500 miles..

the dealer can see your ECU has been flashed even if its on the stock map. i hope if there is a problem they dont deny the warrenty work if they say the problem happened because of the ECU flash and more power you had.

as for saying your clutch feels like its engaging you meen disengaging right? like you hit the gas pedal and you go no where but your RPM's jump up?? that sounds like a blown clutch but at 4500 miles??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah thats basically the issue.. blown clutch? damn man this isnt my first MT.. i dont beat on the clutch ever. even when im launching i dont burn my clutch. i really hope they dont try to charge me for repairs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but it doesnt make sense, it comes out of first just fine, its when i try to accelerate even just a little bit at 2500-3000 rpms it just jumps up on the rpms but doesnt pull

·
Registered
750 Posts
but it doesnt make sense, it comes out of first just fine, its when i try to accelerate even just a little bit at 2500-3000 rpms it just jumps up on the rpms but doesnt pull

There's actually very little torque load on the clutch when you're in first so it's normal to not slip in first, at least on lower RPMS(lower torque). The clutch gets more load on higher gears. Think of it as a road/mountain bike at lower gears the pedal is really light. Once you shift up the pedals get heavier.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's actually very little torque load on the clutch when you're in first so it's normal to not slip in first. The clutch gets more load on higher gears. Think of it as a road/mountain bike lower gears the pedal is really light. Once you shift up the pedals get heavier.
makes sense but why would it be slipping when im just driving? its shifting fine btw

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What happens if you take it on the highway and put in in 5th gear at about 60 mph and floor it?

·
Registered
750 Posts
makes sense but why would it be slipping when im just driving? its shifting fine btw

You have somehow glazed/burned the clutch. Could be just a lemon clutch from the factory. Not knocking on you since I don't know your driving ability. Some people think they're good at manual driving, but they're not. I let my cousin drive my car once short distance 1-2 miles. He rode my clutch at traffic lights(This made me cringe :unhappy:). Never again will I let anyone drive my car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well at 60 in 5th it wouldnt be doing much at wot but idk i havnt tried that. in 2nd earlier i tried to accelerate and it revved up to 6000 dropped back down to about 3000 and started to grip. it literally feels like its coming out of first gear but im already going 30 mph its weird.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have somehow glazed/burned the clutch. Could be just a lemon clutch from the factory. Not knocking on you since I don't know your driving ability. Some people think they're good at manual driving, but they're not. I let my cousin drive my car once short distance 1-2 miles. He rode my clutch at traffic lights(This made me cringe :unhappy:). Never again will I let anyone drive my car.
i wont say ive never slipped my clutch on accident but i dont beat on it thats for sure.. sigh.. hopefully the dealership takes care of it

·
Registered
750 Posts
i wont say ive never slipped my clutch on accident but i dont beat on it thats for sure.. sigh.. hopefully the dealership takes care of it
That's the only thing we can hope for... I'm crossing my fingers for you. The car is new enough that it could be a fluke clutch. Take it easy on the clutch once you get it replaced. They need to break in properly just like everything(brakes, tranny, engine, etc...).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts