ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just ordered a 3 inch magnaflow cbe for my 2011 wrx sedan... I just wondering if anyone has had experience with this exhaust and if I am going to need an adapter to run it with the stock DP.. and if I do what exactly would I be looking for??

-Thank you

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I think youll be fine running it with oem downpipe. You run problems doing the opposite, aftermarket down with stock cat back

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think youll be fine running it with oem downpipe. You run problems doing the opposite, aftermarket down with stock cat back
Ohh really i knew theyre are problems running a 3" DP to 2.5 cbe so i figured maybe there would be some issues going the other way too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But the OEM downpipe has a 2.5" opening,right?

My Cobb DP was a 3" but tapered to a 2.5" and I had no problems mating to the stock midpipe.
Well the magnaflow is a 3" not 2.5 like stock thats y I thought there could be problems

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the links guys I never saw that it tapered I always just thought it was just a full 3"... Iguess thats good atleast till I get a DP and go stage 2 anyway

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends on the DP you get.Not all taper to 2.5.

And you could get a new donut gasket.
Do you think I should get a new gasket while putting the cbe on or would the stock one be alright... the cars only got about 3000 miles on it if that matters at all

·
Registered
78 Posts
Let me know what you think of the exhaust...I'm debating about getting this also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so just an update .. just finished the install nd it was pretty easy first of all it only took about an hour the hardest part was actually getting the exhaust on and off the hangers off lol... I only took it for a short drive so I'll still have to see how it is after having it on for a little longer but im really happy with the nice deep tone it has as soon as I turned the key and heard that rumble it put a smile on my face and I was just grinning the whole ride :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts