Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I should be banned for even thinking the such, but I am trying to get a 2011 Silver STI but with the WRX wing. I can't seem to pull that off. I have checked with a couple of dealers and the 2 wings have differrent bolt patterns so the entire deck lid would have to be changed out. I have another dealer checking now to see if it is possible to have it made like that at the factory. Anyone have any ideas of how to accomplish this without me having to buy an second decklid? The Subaru dealers will not change them out with a WRX because they are afraid the paint will not match and said the trunk springs would have to be changed out because of the decrease in weight for the WRX spoiler.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I need a STI.
Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Search "Trunk Swap" here and NASIOC.

Find someone with a WRX who wants the wing and trade them.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I would've done the same thing if I could. No reason to think you're going to get shot. :)

I'm going to be trying to find somebody to swap trunks too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yippee

I just found a dealer that will do a trunk swap with me. The only problem I have now is the WRX I will be swapping with will not be there until about 45 days. As soon as I get the STI in my hands I will be posting pictures. As of now it looks like Saturday. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I just found a dealer that will do a trunk swap with me. The only problem I have now is the WRX I will be swapping with will not be there until about 45 days. As soon as I get the STI in my hands I will be posting pictures. As of now it looks like Saturday. Thanks for the info.
What are they charging to do this? So they're going to put your STI wing on a brand new regular WRX and sell it with that? Technically that's illegal in most states. Dealers can only put on parts they sell from their parts dept normally...

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Scott, learn to love the wing!
I'm old. I don't like flashy things. Next mod on my car is to remove all the trunk badges. Who needs 4 badges on a trunk????

I'm going to contradict myself now because I'm looking at putting a GT2 wing on my 911. But it's a 911 and give it another 2 months and it's likely to be over 600 HP/TQ. That justifies a big wing to me. :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Just like the STI :p
You need to come for a ride in my 911 with me some time and you'll understand what a truly fast car is. I hit over 100 a couple of times coming back to my house on those twisty roads when we had lunch Saturday. :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I bet you did! We had a specific vehicle on our tail for a while!
Eh? What do you mean? A po po?

I've been on the roads up here and gone by one doing well in excess of the posted speed. I just keep going. If they get a glimpse of my rear plate somehow good luck to em! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am not for certain what the dealer is going to do with my trunk all I know is that I will be getting a WRX trunk and Wing swapped out and I am happy. I am so excited to finally get into the STI family. And yes I to am to old for the factory STI wing but had to have the car. Watch for Pics Saturday after I pick it up.

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
I am not for certain what the dealer is going to do with my trunk all I know is that I will be getting a WRX trunk and Wing swapped out and I am happy. I am so excited to finally get into the STI family. And yes I to am to old for the factory STI wing but had to have the car. Watch for Pics Saturday after I pick it up.
congrats. should've went wingless though :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did consider going wingless but then that would have been a different challenge that would have cost me. To get a trunk undrilled is tougher then getting one with the WRX wing. The thing I have to remember is that when I do the trunk swap, I want my badges swapped to. Tomorrow is the big day...I will finally see her for the first time and will taking the 2 hour drive back home with her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.