ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the woman of my life a 2011 STi in Plasma Blue - awesome car + great buying experience = stoked

Maybe I'll have to take her to work - and park the Camaro..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
You're going to enjoy driving the STi a lot more than the Camaro (if it's one of the new ones) :D

What year camaro?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forum!!

Love the Plasma blue man, looks good. Get some more pics up though when the sun comes up :p

Just a quick tip, don't drive the car crazy in the first 1000 mile break-in period, though you should run it to 6500 rpms or so a few times during that period to properly seal the engine so it wont hurt it afterwards!

Cheers man!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Love the plasma blue!! congrats on the purchase man totally wish they offered the plasma on the '11 wrx's!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I am ! the Camaro is a 2011 LS M6 in CGM - Magnaflow with Roto Fab CAI - Pfadt Stage 2 Suspension - SS 20" wheels with Pzero - debadged..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the plasma blue!! congrats on the purchase man totally wish they offered the plasma on the '11 wrx's!!
thanks totally blown away at the color - especially at night - we test drove a 2012 WRX - and then for ****s and giggles, the STi - and there ya go!

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
You'll have to give a proper comparison after the break in is through. Especially since that camaro has 23 more hp than the STi :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forum!!

Love the Plasma blue man, looks good. Get some more pics up though when the sun comes up :p

Just a quick tip, don't drive the car crazy in the first 1000 mile break-in period, though you should run it to 6500 rpms or so a few times during that period to properly seal the engine so it wont hurt it afterwards!

Cheers man!
Thanks - appreciate the tip - I'll baby it for a few miles for sure - I did take it out to about 5000 on the test drive pulling into the freeway, and took the S turn exit hard - very impressed at the balance..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll have to give a proper comparison after the break in is through. Especially since that camaro has 23 more hp than the STi :D
I realize the Camaro may have more legs - I look at both as two different cars - the cruiser (Camaro) and the spirited driving car (Sti) - if all else fails - we have a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with DSG that comes in handy for longer drives!

·
Æternum
20,600 Posts
Welcome and congrats.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
The plasma blue really is a color to be seen in person. It looks incredible with bronze or gunmetal wheels. And even goldies for that matter.

Welcome and congrats on the purchase!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts