ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that i should check my oil level regularly between service intervals, do i wait and fill it once i see the oil warning light in the dashboard or should i check it using the oil stick in the engine bay, is there a mark in the oil stick where it will indicate low level?? and how many liters shall i fill it with if its low??

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
If you see the warning light on the dash it's too late.

Keep the oil at the correct level at all times. The stick is marked; keep the level between the L and F marks. See your owner's manual for info on the markings.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I check my oil every 1000-1500 miles. That's a good policy especially turbo engines that eat more oil than most, never mind that it's also a flat engine that generally consumes more.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
The dipstick has 2 dots on the lower end.I keep the level in between the two as the manual states.

If its low (at the lower dot) pour in a couple of ounces till you reach the right level.

I usually check it once a week along with tire pressure.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Make sure to check after the engine has been turned off for a while, so that the oil has drained back into the oil pan. If you check while the engine is running it will look low because the oil is circulating through the engine.

As the other guy said, if you see the oil light it just got expensive. That is a low oil pressure warning. Not a low oil level warning. Low oil pressure means that there is a good chance that you will have to tear the engine apart to replace bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts