ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first thread on clubWRX! woohoo!

Anyways, I am looking at a Cobb Intake for this beast. I have the AP so I have that itch to mod more! But I just stumbled upon that its an oil filter? Didn't know that...
So, my question is, what are your opinions. I know the sounds is amazing, but I'm talking about up keep on the filter itself. I read where it can be washed and reoiled so that's pretty nice! Also, would a basic k&n cleaning kit from a local parts store work for cleaning and re oiling.

Thanks in advance!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I prefer dry filters. Look into the AEM intake, instead (which Cobb also has a map calibration for).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm a little concerned about it because this is my first wet filter. I believe I am going to follow through though.

Can anyone confirm that a simple K&N Air filter cleaning kit from the local auto parts store will work?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Well, I'm a little concerned about it because this is my first wet filter. I believe I am going to follow through though.

Can anyone confirm that a simple K&N Air filter cleaning kit from the local auto parts store will work?
I cannot confirm, but Cobb sells cleaning solution and oil for their filters. (Check the ingredients?) If you don't like oiled, just put an AEM dryflow filter on the Cobb SFI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not so much that I don't like oiled, its just I haven't had one. But I'm going to order my intake Monday! Pretty pumped! And I never thought about checking the ingredients and what not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I did buy it a couple weeks ago and i love this thing! I love the whistle from the turbo before you really lay into it. The whistle just may be my favorite part lol. I may get an inlet next to really hear it spool up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts