ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 2011 sti an have a catless turbo back exhaust on it with aem intake an cobb, but when i put the downpipe on im losing boost an when i get into the higher rpms when im on it it falls on its face, an throws a wastegate code, i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix that? thanks

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Did you read the map notes?

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's the p0244 over boost code, mine does it as well. Cobb website says a tuner needs to correct it with the mechanical boost system. My wrx should be hitting 18.2lbs peak boost but is hitting 21lbs peak boost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok how can i correct it with the mechanical boost system cause im tired of the car falling on its face everytime i get onit, an mine peaks at 21 too when its supposed to be at 19 an it drops to 14 around 5700 rpms?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Your car does not meet the requirements for the Cobb map, which is why it's not acting properly.

WRXdrifter28 said:
ok how can i correct it with the mechanical boost system cause im tired of the car falling on its face everytime i get onit, an mine peaks at 21 too when its supposed to be at 19 an it drops to 14 around 5700 rpms?
You can fix the issue by modifying the ROM, mainly the WGDC/TD tables, and possibly utilize aftermarket boost control. The fact that you need to ask means you should probably seek out a professional (unless you like paying for motors).

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
You guys need to completely read the map notes before you flash/modify your car.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Case of the noobitis going on in here.

Word to the new: ALWAYS follow the directions given to you when modifying. This includes, as already stated, map notes. If you don't know what you're doing, or if you're not sure that a particular part will or will not work with your current setup, ask the tuner who will be working on your vehicle. Turbocharged cars do not behave well when they're modified beyond what they're tuned for. You're asking for engine damage.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's not going to hold full boost to redline, it states on the map notes that it will taper down.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Read this - it will explain the concept of what is happening although I don't know if it addresses issues with '11s yet:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/sti-technical-forum/131520-boost-creep-fuel-cut.html

Donkey -

When Cobb says "mechanical", do you suppose they are meaning restrictor pill size or porting the wastegate?
Been working on my tune lately with a catless downpipe. In cold weather, I definitely have some boost creep past 5500RPM. The issue is just that the waste gate is too small to move the amount of needed air. Only real way to fix it is by porting the waste gate or going external - restrictor pill would probably work as well I'd say. Boost control will only help within the waste gates physical ability.

I even tried just sticking a screw in mine in place of the stock ebcs - just to verify it wasn't leaking or anything at higher RPMs. I've just come to the realization that until I go external in the future to not lay at 100% throttle past 5500RPMs in less than 40 degree weather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
good news boys I have a stage 2 cobb acessport invedia catless down pipe,3 inch,cobb bpv valve,inake all the b.s bout a year ive been struggling with that error constantly when I yeanked the downpipe out I decided to port it and great it hasn't happened yet..when I called cobb tuning to ask how to fix it thay said only way is to go to a external wastegate.. as for performance I didn't feel much but no boost creep was well worth the hour of porting it hope my advise helps guys

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Porting a wastegate isn't meant for everybody. They are very touchy about being modified.

Hopefully it works out for you. I would not recommend it for others however. I'd be mostly concerned about the wastegate not fully closing.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Donkey -

When Cobb says "mechanical", do you suppose they are meaning restrictor pill size or porting the wastegate?
A little late on this but I'm sure they mean porting of the wastegate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts