ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... it's been quite a while since i've been on here. I got engaged and my Fiancee' and I are trying to get a house so I need to get a lower or even no payment if someone wants to just buy this thing lol.

The car has a little under 4800 miles on it. It has been well cared for. not a single ding or dent anywhere. The only mods are test pipes and a cbe. The test pipes are Motordyne ART pipes and the exhaust is Fast intentions with 18" resonators. Oil has been changed twice already.

The blue book is 33,6 on it. I am asking 34k with the mods (2,000.00 worth). However, I will come down to 32k without the mods.

If someone is interested in a trade them I am looking for either an around 05 or so STI or a 2011 WRX. I'm on the eastern shore of Md and would like to not have to travel to far.

Here are some pics... I will be glad to take another of the car with my username or whatever is needed.

F.I. exhaust was just put on in September and the ART pipes were about a month or so before that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump guys! No one interested in a trade for an '11 WRX or an older STI plus cash?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a silver 11 wrx but I'm in Kansas

:(
Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk
Well that sucks... but i've gone to Chicago from Md. for a deal on a car, so nothing would be out of the question... PM me your details.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I would trade my car even up for that 370 but I'm sure you wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would trade my car even up for that 370 but I'm sure you wouldn't.
Naaa I can't... it definitely looks nice and i'd like to have it, but my payments are to much for what the WRX is worth unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a post on here with details on my 11

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk
It looks nice... 27k is a bit out of my price range with getting the new house though. I'll probably have to go with a more base model.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Too bad you wasn't interested in a nice Harley. My Dad is selling his bike in the spring to get a 370z. He had a 280z when he was young but after driving my car a few times he's all about getting a fun car again.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'm assuming it's a manual? If so, the invoice price on the car is $32,852, and the Edmunds True Market Value (which I've found to be very accurate) is $33,975 on the new one. So asking $32k with 5k miles on it isn't really giving much discount at just under $2k. Mods don't add to the value of a car, and in fact most of the time subtract from the value, so you might be much better off selling them separately. The exhaust is a relatively minor mod though so it won't hurt the value like having more serious mods like springs/struts or a chip will generally do. Valuing the exhaust at 80% of the new value is really a high valuation. Generally you should figure about 50%, or $1000.

Just trying to help you price it more realistically. Good luck with selling! The good points you have going for you is that it's not a Nismo or Touring model, so the price may be within people's price range who otherwise can't afford those higher-end ones. You do have the Sport package too, which is highly desirable. It's also a 2011, so anybody buying it is getting a 1 year old car which helps with the long-term value of it versus the older '09-10 Zs.

Sorry to hear about your engagement. My car obsession was temporarily on hold while I was engaged/married. Thankfully I'm now happily divorced and it's back worse than ever! :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm assuming it's a manual? If so, the invoice price on the car is $32,852, and the Edmunds True Market Value (which I've found to be very accurate) is $33,975 on the new one. So asking $32k with 5k miles on it isn't really giving much discount at just under $2k. Mods don't add to the value of a car, and in fact most of the time subtract from the value, so you might be much better off selling them separately. The exhaust is a relatively minor mod though so it won't hurt the value like having more serious mods like springs/struts or a chip will generally do. Valuing the exhaust at 80% of the new value is really a high valuation. Generally you should figure about 50%, or $1000.

Just trying to help you price it more realistically. Good luck with selling! The good points you have going for you is that it's not a Nismo or Touring model, so the price may be within people's price range who otherwise can't afford those higher-end ones. You do have the Sport package too, which is highly desirable. It's also a 2011, so anybody buying it is getting a 1 year old car which helps with the long-term value of it versus the older '09-10 Zs.

Sorry to hear about your engagement. My car obsession was temporarily on hold while I was engaged/married. Thankfully I'm now happily divorced and it's back worse than ever! :D

That's fine... people are welcome to go and try to get a new Z for that and I wish them luck. KBB tells me it's worth 33,6, and I also said the mods were optional. I'll keep the car if it comes down to it, i'm not that desperate. Thanks for your opinion though.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys... i'm just letting you all know the car is still for sale, but I will likely sell it, wait a few months and then order a 2012 WRX since I can get one cheaper if I order it... not really sure why however. If anyone happens to know the dealers with the best pricing in the Md, De, DC, PA or VA areas let me know!

I'm bringing the price down to 32,5 with mods included, without them 31k even. These prices are firm.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey all... I also will consider offers on trade plus cash on an 09 or 10 wrx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts