ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Invidia Q300 Catback (Hatch) (No longer for sale)

I'm possibly looking to sell or trade my Invidia Q300 catback (steel quad tip). I got it new this week and it currently has less than 100 miles on it so its still essentially new. Its a little louder than I expected so I'm looking into something quieter... mainly SPT, or possibly Nameless, TurboXS maybe Cobb??? Make an offer or let me know if you're interested in a trade.

I also have the stock catback (7500 miles) which I would be willing to trade (with cash) for a SPT.

I could ship the Q300 but would prefer so sell/trade in the tri-state area.

Make an offer or let me know what semi-quiet quad tip exhaust you have.

Thanks

EDIT: Not for sale. I re-positioned it and made sure it was perfectly aligned at every gasket... and it is much quieter now, with no drone. Still louder than stock (not too much) with a nice rumble.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
For the record none of those are quieter than the q300, Ive had nameless and I have SPT. My q300 is quieter than both.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were they for a hatch or sedan? I bought the q300 thinking it would be one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts...and after hearing one on a sedan. After installing it, it was significantly louder than the one I heard on a sedan. It sounds great (especially over 3k rpm) but just too loud for my tastes, since its my dd. I've had people who thought the q300 (for hatches) was too loud recommend spt and turboxs... I'll probably just have to listen in person.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$775 for the Invidia Q300 quad-tip. Keep in mind that it is practially new (has been on the car for 5 days and cost $910). Will fit a 2011 WRX hatch or a 08+ STI hatch. Includes all hardware and gaskets.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
The nameless hatch is def. louder than the Q300....I have the nameless and love it.

The sedan has 2 mufflers, one per side, so it will likely be quieter than the hatch for most CBE makes.

If you want something quieter than the Q300, you will need to hear them in person. Luckily Jersey is small, and has a lot of owners, so you should be able to find someone with the setups you want to hear. You may want to look into the Borla hush....I remember reading somewhere that they are rather quiet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For the record none of those are quieter than the q300, Ive had nameless and I have SPT. My q300 is quieter than both.
SPT is louder than the Q300? I thought it was quiet for some reason.. I might be looking into the SPT now. Is the SPT a significant change from stock?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
SPT is louder than the Q300? I thought it was quiet for some reason.. I might be looking into the SPT now. Is the SPT a significant change from stock?
Yes. And no, it's isn't a big enough change.

Also about the comment of the hatch vs sedan. Yes a sedan has 2 mufflers but they are slightly smaller than the hatch muffler.. So keep that in mind. The hatch muffler is a big muffler

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The nameless hatch is def. louder than the Q300....I have the nameless and love it.

The sedan has 2 mufflers, one per side, so it will likely be quieter than the hatch for most CBE makes.

If you want something quieter than the Q300, you will need to hear them in person. Luckily Jersey is small, and has a lot of owners, so you should be able to find someone with the setups you want to hear. You may want to look into the Borla hush....I remember reading somewhere that they are rather quiet.
Thats interesting, I heard of someone going from Q300 to Nameless, and the described the sounds in terms of loudness... on a scale of 1 being stock to 10 being Invidia N1, and they said the Nameless is 3 and the Q300 was a 7. But all of this talk really means nothing I guess, best to hear in person.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I highly doubt Subaru would make an exhaust as loud as the Q300 I have. It is significantly louder than stock. I'm rechecking everything this weekend... anyone know anything that could be causing it to be louder than normal??? Everything is tourqued properly and I don't think there are any leaks. If the pipes weren't perfectly aligned could this cause it to be louder? The bolts are smaller than the holes they mount in so there is some wiggle room...

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Thats interesting, I heard of someone going from Q300 to Nameless, and the described the sounds in terms of loudness... on a scale of 1 being stock to 10 being Invidia N1, and they said the Nameless is 3 and the Q300 was a 7. But all of this talk really means nothing I guess, best to hear in person.
I think maybe you have those backwards.....the Q300 is likely a 3 and the nameless a 7.
RallySportDirect staff said:
The Invidia Q300 is going to be one of the quieter exhausts we carry for the 2011 WRX hatch.
and they carry most Invidia, the Cobb, Blitz Nur Spec, Apexi RS, and the TurboXS GT.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Let me put it this way... The Q300 is possibly louder at WOT, maybe even at idle.. But the drone of that SPT exhaust is terrible. Inside the cabin normal cruising I cant hear the q300. I can hear the buzzing of the SPT.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm quite interested in this now, what price were you looking to get for the Q300? Also, with shipping to 48084 added please!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright so I want to post my conclusion from my experience to hopefully clear up some of the mixed reviews about the Q300. My experience and the experience that some other people have had with this exhaust on hatches has been that it can be very loud, especially at low rpm... with bad drone. The slots in the exhaust are bigger than the bolts that are used... which gives you some wiggle room. But this also means that you can bolt it up with a leak-free seal, and not have each pipe perfectly aligned. Today I realigned everything, this time making sure it was absolutely perfect. This made a huge difference. The exhaust is much quieter now with no drone. Its exactly what I expected from the start. Its still louder than stock with a nice rumble... but definitely something that you can live with as a daily driver, and that your passengers shouldn't be complaining about.

So lesson learned... if you have this exhaust and its droning or its excessively loud, it shouldn't be. Make sure each pipe aligns perfectly to the next one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the q300 on my 09 wrx, it's so quiet to me. I thought I'm driving a hybrid car. My brother stock 2012 wrx sedan is louder than my car. No bull****.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I've had people who thought the q300 (for hatches) was too loud recommend spt and turboxs... I'll probably just have to listen in person.
scuze me? anyone who recommended a turboxs because it was quiet must be deaf as a stone. I'm currently running a spt on my '10 hatch and its pretty quiet, the turboxs I traded off of it for the spt was quite healthy with factory downpipe, and downright obnoxious once I went stageII.

Is the q300 3" all the way back? If so I might look into it. I'd like the spt quiet in a full 3" setup. I've been thinking about the cobb hatch cbe recently since I've heard one in person and liked it.. but do spend long hours in the car so I really do need a quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the q300 with 3in invidia catless downpipe stage 2 Everyone tells me it's so quiet. When engine warms up, it's so quiet I thought the car was not even start up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts