ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of HID headlights off of my 2011 STI they have the ballast included along with all the lights. are they plug & play for a wrx with standard lights or will the harness have to be modified?

i ask cause i may want to sell them. i also have the fog lights.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe that the harness is different. You may be able to get the lights working, but WRX's with factory halogen lamps don't have the light level(aim) controls.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe that the harness is different. You may be able to get the lights working, but WRX's with factory halogen lamps don't have the light level(aim) controls.
lightwerks (sp?) makes an adapter harness to go between the factory wiring on non-hid 3G cars and the sti headlights.

as for the level control, just fix it in one position and then correctly aim the headlights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same topic - I want to get a set of STI Xenon HID Lights for my 2010 WRX Sedan. Anyone know who sells the whole OEM HID Headlight Assembly? Did you say that the STI HIDs have a ballast for them? Where abouts is the ballast mounted in the STI- Sport Tech Package? Did you find an adapter harness? Is your WRX a Regular or Premium?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Same topic - I want to get a set of STI Xenon HID Lights for my 2010 WRX Sedan. Anyone know who sells the whole OEM HID Headlight Assembly? Did you say that the STI HIDs have a ballast for them? Where abouts is the ballast mounted in the STI- Sport Tech Package?
The only way I know to source them is by ordering them through your local Subaru dealer(Very expensive), looking for wrecked cars, and/or people interested on selling theirs on forums like this. The ballasts are a part of the headlight assembly. They use the D2S standard.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
May I ask why you want to sell them?
i had a contractor truck driving in front of me and a large piece of glass flew out of the bed. it shatered all over the lane i had no escape so i had to drive through the hail storm of glass.
the insurance paid to have the whole front-end of my car repainted. when this happened i asked the body shop to save the headlights and fog-lights because they were going to be replaced.
the head lights have a few minor chips in them and so do the fog's so i figured if they were easy to install someone may want to buy them. they are in good shape. the dealer charged the body shop 550.00 each for the replacements.. .
i would sell them for much less if someone wanted them.

i can post pics if anyone is interested. i will try to show the small imperfections but it will be hard because like i said they are very minor.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
these lights have been sold. sorry i should have posted this in the for sale section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts