ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost all my keys and fob for my 2011 wrx. I had to get my car opened up in order to get some stuff out and get it towed home since I didn't want to leave it where I lost them and later come back to not find my car so it went into anti theft mode. I got new keys made and programmed but wont start due to the anti theft being on tried programming the fob as well but will not program and I think it has to do with the alarm going off. Is there a way to get passed this I've looked up online and tried all the tips and tricks to try and turn it off since keys are programmed but no luck is there a way to disable it and I can just drive my car again

·
10,482 Posts
Is it an aftermarket system? Have you contacted a dealer? They may have to enable/disable the keys via the ecu.

·
10,482 Posts
I did contact the dealership and they came up with me needing new keys and a fob and then maybe even a new ecu there’s got to be an easier way around it.
Where did you buy the keys?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From dealership 2 brand new keys and an auto locksmith programmed them and everything but like I said it won’t stop the anti theft alarm.

·
10,482 Posts
From dealership 2 brand new keys and an auto locksmith programmed them and everything but like I said it won’t stop the anti theft alarm.
Then they are not programmed to the car. The dealership needs to program them. In fact they are usually programmed when ordered when you provide the vin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts