ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone bought the kicker sub that is in the Subaru catalog?
i like the look of the enclosure it looks OEM. but i wonder about sound quality.
it is pricey though.

Kicker-subwoorfer.jpg

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
It's overpriced for what you get. You can get an Infiniti BassLink for less money and have more output.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if anything a kicker L7 will do the job! i have one in my 09 4door wrx it was deff worth the 250$. sounds amazing too my ears wouldnt get anything else!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2011 WRX with that sub. It sounds pretty good, I used to have 2 10inch subs in the trunk of my honda and this sounds much deeper and cleaner. I cant comment on the price though, dealer gave it to me at no charge. The only downside is that you have to disconnect and take it out if you want to get to the spare. Not hard by any means, but just a slight annoyance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i thought it was crap.... ended up giving it back to the dealer for credit.... emailed kicker about it and they blamed the subaru head unit on the fact it sounded like crap! funny, i thought it was designed FOR subaru... apparently just the fit....

you have zero control over the subs level, tone, or crossover.... its all fixed. i tried two different units, both muddy, too loud, and inconsistent.... by that i mean i'm listening to a song and information that was sent to the sub wasn't constant, it kind of went in and and out.. very distracting.....

save your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts