ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am new and this is my first post. I just bought my first Subaru, a 2010 WRX265. I want an accessport but I checked out Cobbtuning and can't find an accessport for the 2010s yet.

Anyone know if I can use a 2009 model accessport, or should I wait?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Hello, I am new and this is my first post. I just bought my first Subaru, a 2010 WRX265. I want an accessport but I checked out Cobbtuning and can't find an accessport for the 2010s yet.

Anyone know if I can use a 2009 model accessport, or should I wait?

Thanks
Call cobb.

There haven't been any reports of ECU or major engine changes between the 09 and 2010. They both run off of the CANBus instead of OBDII, and the newest AccessPort for the 2008+ WRX is designed to work with CANBus. I'd put my money on that year's design working with the 2010, but there may be slight mapping changes.

Again... Call. Cobb.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Perrin performance just changed their website to reflect 2008, 2009, and 2010 WRX's concerning the Cobb Access port. So i bet nothing changed on the 2010 model.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i'm pretty sure i read a few days ago that one of the members here called cobb & they said that the AP wont work on the 2010's.

i'll try to find it

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hardware-wise, definitely no problem...I'd hold off, though, until they release an official 2010-compatible map.

·
Registered
60 Posts
that will be me. Still waiting for my 2010 wrx on its way in Midwest 2 weeks wait to go left. Cobb stage 1 wont work for 2010. I have to wait for couple of months till they get the 2010 maps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 cobb

Hey guys....I'm new to the site so.......HI

I picked up a 2010 Sti about a month ago. First Suby and what a sweet ride. Anyhow, my dealer says the 2010 accessport has a different part # than the 08-09 and is now available. I'm up in Canada so I am sure that with the border crossing I should have mine in a coupple weeks.

Just wanted to share the info!!

Cheers all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts