ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gents, so I was driving my car and it shut off on me so I pulled off to the side and saw the heat gauge went way above the hot mark and my differential lock was also flashing on my dash along with the regular check engine, cruise, traction control, etc.
I found it strange as I never saw the heat gauge and the diff lock come on when I’ve had problems with it before. When I had it towed back to my house i just put it in the garage and went to check on it the next day and the battery was dead, after charging it for a few hours I tried putting it in the on and accessory position to place my OBD tool and it wouldn’t get any code it kept on repeating the process and did this on multiple tools and no luck, I stopped for a bit and went back later and when I put the car in the on position I heard what sounded like electricity crackling and the check engine light flashing/dimming and then going out. The car will NOT start and the starter I replaced a month ago. Any help would be appreciated!

·
11,434 Posts
Sounds like possibly a short, and a bad one. I'd go look where you've been fiddling with wires to start. Not just the starter, anywhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts