ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm possibly looking at doing a stage 3 on my WRX but information is a little hard to find. I've already got a full stage 2 plus sf Cobb intake and a avo tmic I think all I need is a larger turbo and upgraded fuel pump and one step colder spark along with pro tune? I'd also like to hear from anyone who has a stage 3 on a wrx 10 and know if it's relabel and fun daily driver. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You would want to look into an injector upgrade as well. Reliability has as much to do with the tune as the parts installed. If you're unsure about what you need, I would call the person you are going to have tune your car and ask if they recommend anything else

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
^^^ +1 you definitely want different injectors, but you need to ask you tuner what they think because that will tell you whether they know their stuff or are at risk of blowing up your engine.

·
Registered
633 Posts
There are several sites on the web that have kits with different turbo set ups. Some bolt on stock which is what im guessing you will want since you have an aftermarket TMIC.

What i have been doing because im in the same boat you re is calling different sites. Perrin has several kits as does rallysportdirect.

Turbos at RallySportDirect.com

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Have you done any other mods to the car in the way of suspension or brakes? Because if not, that's where you should be spending your money next, not on more power.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Do you have a power goal? Personally I like bushings and tightening up the driveline a little bit. You'll get better throttle response and your car will feel cleaner.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What amount of wheel hp does it take to become a stage 3 car? What is my WRX? (not to thread jack.. sorry) its bored, injectors, cams, after market turbo, large front mount inter cooler, larger fuel pump, after markets clutch and flywheel... not to get to specific. Putting 370- 380awhp down at 90 degrees F much more when cold this time of year ;)

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
What amount of wheel hp does it take to become a stage 3 car? What is my WRX? (not to thread jack.. sorry) its bored, injectors, cams, after market turbo, large front mount inter cooler, larger fuel pump, after markets clutch and flywheel... not to get to specific. Putting 380awhp down at 90 degrees F much more when cold this time of year ;)
It's not really measured in HP but rather defined by what mods you've done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
like I know stage 1 is basic bolts ons(exaust, intake, maybe a after market chip?) I know my car is fast, but Im pretty sure its not a stage 3 maybe a 2 or 2+? Just not really sure any help in figuring out what my car is, greatly appreciated you can reply here or PM me

·
Registered
367 Posts
hope you have headers on that turbo back exhaust, moore performance claims 30hp and 30 tq with a custom tune with there headers

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
blakekawalec said:
like I know stage 1 is basic bolts ons(exaust, intake, maybe a after market chip?) I know my car is fast, but Im pretty sure its not a stage 3 maybe a 2 or 2+? Just not really sure any help in figuring out what my car is, greatly appreciated you can reply here or PM me
There's StageI (engine management), StageII (TBE + EM), then there's other (where you list all your mods).

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
There's StageI (engine management), StageII (TBE + EM), then there's other (where you list all your mods).
This. "Stage numbers" are relevant at low levels of mod...they become meaningless after that. It seems like we went through a period years ago where people were desperate to assign numbers to their mods for bragging rights; we had people with "Stage 5.5 WRX!" in their signature, etc.

·
Registered
633 Posts
What amount of wheel hp does it take to become a stage 3 car? What is my WRX? (not to thread jack.. sorry) its bored, injectors, cams, after market turbo, large front mount inter cooler, larger fuel pump, after markets clutch and flywheel... not to get to specific. Putting 380awhp down at 90 degrees F much more when cold this time of year ;)
Been lurking around the site for a few days, One post you said you had like 360-380 hp, another you said you had almost 400hp... here you say 380. What cracks me up you don't even know what stage 1 and 2 is. Quit throwing HP claims around just go get the car dynoed. I honestly don't think your putting around 380 or 360 or almost 400 to the wheels.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
THIS^^^

OP you need to do some research to learn your car better... Once your past the whole "stage" process, then your just adding parts. Like mentioned below, work on installing suspention and bushings bits and pieces. Also like mentioned below, I hope your car is tuned for your current mods.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm running around 320 hp and i'm using a F1 racing stage 3 clutch it's doing well i just finally broke it in last night. Break in time said 750 miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Been lurking around the site for a few days, One post you said you had like 360-380 hp, another you said you had almost 400hp... here you say 380. What cracks me up you don't even know what stage 1 and 2 is. Quit throwing HP claims around just go get the car dynoed. I honestly don't think your putting around 380 or 360 or almost 400 to the wheels.
It changes alot with the temperature it dynos at some where between 370-380 its that an some change at 90F it also changes with how much boost i set it to run at I don't run 26 PSI all day long theres no point to it just kills your motor faster. I'd have to find the dyno sheets some place in the basement, I don't particularly care how much it exactly has. Its fast and thats that bud

1 - 16 of 16 Posts