Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 wrx 2.5 liter with garret 3076 r and fmic with a pro tune on it I changed my plugs which where ngk LFR6AIX (gapped to 0.032) to LFR7AIX which are the one step colders (they come gapped at 0.032)
My car now is running not near as quick and it confuses me because they are gapped the same and everywhere online claimed one step colder is better but it seems like I’ve lost a lot of horsepower please help If you know what your talking about

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2010 wrx 2.5 liter with garret 3076 r and fmic with a pro tune on it I changed my plugs which where ngk LFR6AIX (gapped to 0.032) to LFR7AIX which are the one step colders (they come gapped at 0.032)
My car now is running not near as quick and it confuses me because they are gapped the same and everywhere online claimed one step colder is better but it seems like I’ve lost a lot of horsepower please help If you know what your talking about

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
You learned a valuable lesson. Everywhere online is usually incorrect. You need to reinstall the correct plugs. You usually go to colder plugs when knock is a problem. Thats all. Its also something thats going to be dialed in at tuning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has like 400 hp it just surprised me that they slowed it down considering it says to use one step colder every 75-100 hp over stock you are

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Not specifically true. Again, it has to do with combating pre-ignition not a specific power level.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Do you have any supporting evidence to validate this claim?

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Thst your car is slower, that you've lost power, or that colder plugs are required.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thst your car is slower, that you've lost power, or that colder plugs are required.
I guess I’ll just go back to stock heat range bc it’s not that it runs bad with the one step colder plugs it’s just that it doesn’t get up and go the same

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
it’s just that it doesn’t get up and go the same
So there are ways to SHOW that there is a difference i.e. doing a datalog on calculated load.

But seat of the pants "it feels slower" tells us absolutely nothing. Sorry I can't help any further until you provide supporting evidence that anything is actually different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So there are ways to SHOW that there is a difference i.e. doing a datalog on calculated load.

But seat of the pants "it feels slower" tells us absolutely nothing. Sorry I can't help any further until you provide supporting evidence that anything is actually different.
You know u ain’t got to be a fucking dick not everybody knows everything that’s why I joined this forum and that’s exactly what your being a fucking dick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know u ain’t got to be a fucking dick not everybody knows everything that’s why I joined this forum and that’s exactly what your being a fucking dick
It is slower I can give u countless examples but fuck that I’m good getting any advice from somebody that has to act like that ..respect to the first dude thanks for being nice ..later

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Like it’d be in my head or some shit as much power as it had if I say it’s slower then it’s slower there are other possible things that could legit cause that but instead of trying to help me you’d rather be like that for example since I’ve posted this the spark plug gap could be it or have to do with the tune I’ve figured out where I’ve researched I was just looking for people with similar problems I mean dam sorry I don’t know how to log it and stuff goodbye I’m not getting back on this bullshit

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,584 Posts
Oh no, goodbyes always break my heart.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Like it’d be in my head or some shit as much power as it had if I say it’s slower then it’s slower there are other possible things that could legit cause that but instead of trying to help me you’d rather be like that for example since I’ve posted this the spark plug gap could be it or have to do with the tune I’ve figured out where I’ve researched I was just looking for people with similar problems I mean dam sorry I don’t know how to log it and stuff goodbye I’m not getting back on this bullshit
I am not aware of any psychics that frequent this board.

Failing that, our only other recourse is to try and take shots in the dark. Happy to do that as it's not my money that I'd be wasting.

There's only so much we can with such little information. You don't want us to help you and I guess that's just as well! I hope you are happy wherever you land.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
God luck and good speed. As with most people you'll check back. My real take away is I'm not the one being called a dick.

Zax is absolutely on point, butt dynos are useless for the most part. Had you done anything that had an effect on power it would show up in a log. Either a fuel trim change, or misfire events. Colder plugs could in theory cause incomplete combustion, but I strongly doubt that's the case. I think you likely pulled the battery cables and it's relearning something if anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts