ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just bought a 2010 WRX, and I am confused about what I should do to my engine, please help.
-I want to put a BOV on it, but don't know which brand I should buy (does it have to be expensive to be good?)
-I want to put on an air intake, but I also don't know what brand I should buy (does it have to be expensive to be good?)
-I also want to put a AccessPort in it, can anyone tell me also what I should or could buy? (COBB is $595, any cheaper?)
-I also would like my car to have a DEEP sounds on the exhaust, any suggestions?

-When I purchase these products for my car, which one do I install first, or can someone please help with the accessport I am confused on what setting or map it should be on, I am new to this so any input would be greatly appreciated.

-FINALLY, should I do anything else to my car? I just want it to be really quick and explosive without hurting the engine.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Hey everyone,
I just bought a 2010 WRX, and I am confused about what I should do to my engine, please help.
-I want to put a BOV on it, but don't know which brand I should buy (does it have to be expensive to be good?)
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/134310052-bov-blow-off-valve-information.html Skip the BOV.
-I want to put on an air intake, but I also don't know what brand I should buy (does it have to be expensive to be good?)
AEM or Cobb would be fine. See Cobb's map notes for the AP since you plan on buying one.
-I also want to put a AccessPort in it, can anyone tell me also what I should or could buy? (COBB is $595, any cheaper?)
Only one company makes the Accesport and that's Cobb.
-I also would like my car to have a DEEP sounds on the exhaust, any suggestions?
Try Nameless,Invidia or Borla
-When I purchase these products for my car, which one do I install first, or can someone please help with the accessport I am confused on what setting or map it should be on, I am new to this so any input would be greatly appreciated.
Read the instructions and mapnotes
-FINALLY, should I do anything else to my car? I just want it to be really quick and explosive without hurting the engine.
Read the owners manual. Get a downpipe.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!:cool:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Donkey, Very helpful. I am new to this so any help is great from someone with knowledge and expreience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts