ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned the car for a few days when i discovered the clutch no longer fully disengages when pressed. Cannot shift into any gears when running and can feel the car vibrate when in gear and at a complete stop.

The clutch "caught" right near the bottom before but now it seems like i need to push it through the firewall to make it work.

I have already put in new fluid and bleed the whole system. What is the next thing to check?

The old fluid was very black, but i have yet to find any leaks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How many miles on the car? So I am clear, did it get worse after the flushing the system? There is a small amount of adjustment available. The pushrod for the M/C where it attaches to the pedal mechanism is adjustable. It sits directly above the accelerator pedal. Loosen the jam hut and lengthen that rod. If that does not improve things, either the pilot bearing is dragging badly or the clutch disk spline doesn't slide properly on the trans input shaft are the two most common problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has a touch over 200km on it but already has a stage two clutch installed with an unknown mileage on it. The symptoms remained the same after the fluid flush.

I thought when i bought the car it had a NEW clutch but after contacting the owner they said they didnt know when the stage 2 was installed.

The pedal is extremly stiff and flexes the firewall lots, it moves the brake pedal over when you press it. I will be building a brace for it soon as i have heard it can break the welds in the firewall after extended use.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The very stiff clutch causing the flexing of the firewall and the pedal assembly could be enough to prevent the clutch from disengaging. Might be better served by a OE type clutch unless the car has big power mods. The firewall will eventually crack around the pedal mounting with large deflections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my clutch fork had a hole through the center of it. I replaced it with the verus engineering fork and pivot. But now the problem is the clutch slips badly in all gears. Like 2000 rpm to redline like you are revving it in neutral.

I had a shop do the install and am pretty bummed, any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts