Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I'm looking for suggestions.. I have a 2010 WRX 130k miles, bone stock w/ Mikey Tuning stage 1.

The car has been running great for a long time, but last night in the 5 degree winter air, after about 20-25 min of driving my WRX started to bog when I'd press on the throttle, it'd still drive fine as long as I wasn't making sudden changes in the throttle. As soon as I press the throttle ~5-8% increase in throttle plate, it'd bog right down and not accelerate at all, it didn't seem to be synonymous with RPM's.

I've included some logs if someone with a better understanding wouldn't mind having a look! One thing I noticed is the AFR is very commonly at 11.1, which is low for me, generally my car sticks around 14.7 AFR unless I'm at high throttle/WOT, in which case it'll go down to around 11.1; though in these logs it seems to sit there.

LOGS:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ZF4KdKQOB9IrXKXmkKNEKtN0-dFPwrH_dZCQhRQj7o/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14noZRfaSj0urCTAGGDLopYnRdIMWDmllV5uEEsWDvHo/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I drove the car this morning, temp this morn - 42 degrees, it seemed to run great until about 15 min into the drive when I started experiencing the same symptoms again, I noticed that sitting at idle my AFR was ~12.4 - which is low for me.

I scanned for codes and got PO172 - system too rich, but the check engine light never came on. Twice when I would depress the clutch and the RPM's would return back down to idle the car stalled.

I peeked into the fuel lines as mentioned above, but to me this seems like an air problem? I'm not really sure.

Also, I feel I should mention that I have a slow power steering fluid leak somewhere that I've known about for a month or 2; even though I don't see how that would be relevant here, I feel it's worth disclosing.

Thanks again for any help!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts