ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning!
i got in a MINOR accident and the body shop has repainted the front bumper (obv took off to do this).
Ran fine home (about 3 miles) then stalled when i parked it.
This morning it was sputtering, bogging out when i stepped on the gas, idling high then low, just all over the charts.
I had to keep revving it so it wouldnt stall.
my question, WHAT THE HECK would cause this?
All the body shop did was fix the bumper?
Any suggestions are so so greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!!
Keana

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Did the CEL come on?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could it be a ground or battery issue? i'm TOTALLY lost on this one!!
I dont know what they would have messed with to get the bumper off...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm being told to unhook the battery, touch the terminals together, then hook it back up. seem legit??

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know about touching the terminals together, I've never done that. If you're wanting to reset the ecu, just leave the positive or negative terminal off for a few minutes. why don't you just bring it back to the shop? More than likely they left something unplugged.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Check the MAF? Is that plugged in correctly?

I would not touch the terminals together, you have a better chance of shorting out any electronics doing that.

If you want to reset the ECU, disconnect the battery, pump brakes multiple times in succession. This will drain any charge left in the system.

I also second take it back to the shop if you're that lost...they are the wildcard in the equation.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Check your air filter. They may have knocked it off or it could be full of junk if the body shop wasn't too concerned with the quality of their work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much!
the MAF was NOT plugged in correctly.
Thank goodness it was such an easy fix.
Embarassing driving it home from work with the jerking and stalling, but all is well now! ha
Thank you again

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Mikie is glad to be of assistance.
ZOMG I got one right!!!!!!!:woocow::party::drive2::rotfl::uzi::weee::zing::pet::pedobear::beerchug::blah:

:fyea:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Glad I could help and all is well. Simple fixes make life better.

I know it's an honest mistake, but it's scary how a shop could give the car back without noticing something like that.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Glad I could help and all is well. Simple fixes make life better.

I know it's an honest mistake, but it's scary how a shop could give the car back without noticing something like that.
My question is, why did they unplug the MAF in the first place? They were replacing a bumper cover, not installing an intake.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
My question is, why did they unplug the MAF in the first place? They were replacing a bumper cover, not installing an intake.
Yeah I had thought about that myself actually...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts