ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys so I'm somewhat confused regarding headlights in my WRX. I want to upgrade to a cooler color, like white instead of a yellow. The problem is, i have no idea what hid means, if my car already has it, or if i need to convert to it. Also, is there any way i would not need to convert to HID to have the desired whiter color? Thanks in advance-Tony

·
Registered
205 Posts
HID = High Intensity Discharge. If you have have the Limited, then your car should've came with HIDs from factory. I don't really know the specifics of the packages for the 09's. If you don't have HIDs already then you would need to do a Retrofit. Apparently, this requires you to swap your headlamps for headlamps with HID projectors. If you install HIDs onto a car with Halogen Projectors, not only will you not be able to see much at night, you'll be blinding others as well with the glare from your lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HID = High Intensity Discharge. If you have have the Limited, then your car should've came with HIDs from factory. I don't really know the specifics of the packages for the 09's. If you don't have HIDs already then you would need to do a Retrofit. Apparently, this requires you to swap your headlamps for headlamps with HID projectors.If you install HIDs onto a car with Halogen Projectors, not only will you not be able to see much at night, you'll be blinding others as well with the glare from your lights.
As he stated about HID , by using HID you can get white focus from the lights with high intensity so that the path is very visible and clear enough.
leds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts