ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 WRX and the climate controls stopped working the other day, as in none of the controls do anything anymore. The indicator lights on the dials don't come on, the blower doesn't blow, and the rear defroster doesn't work. I checked the climate control-related fuses and all of them are fine.

My A/C compressor clutch recently failed, and I ended up removing the A/C belt until I can get the compressor replaced. This issue doesn't appear to be related to the climate control problem, because the climate controls were working fine for a couple of days while the compressor belt was removed.

I'm guessing there's a wiring problem--either a short, bad connection, rodent-chewed wire, or something along those lines, but I was wondering if there were any other possibilities or if anyone else has had a similar problem. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was looking over the romraider logger definitions a bit ago and I realized that the ECU has a hand in the climate control switches. Perhaps there is a logging solution which would allow you to see if the switch signal was reaching the ECU or not, potentially indicating a problem with the switch.

Alternately, apart from the fuses, how are the relays and such?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been working on my truck and other car trying to catch up on all the repairs and maintenance they need, so I didn't have time to check anything other than the fuses on my WRX. I'm not sure what relays are used for the A/C, rear defrost, etc., but I would think that multiple relays would have to fail for the car to exhibit the symptoms I'm seeing. Also, the LEDs on the climate control knobs aren't lighting up at all, and I don't think they're switched by any relays. I'll definitely check them out if you think it's worth a shot, though.

As for checking logs, would any of those logs be downloadable via my Accessport or OBDII scanner? I don't have a tactrix cable for direct PC interface. What exactly should I look for in the logs? I appreciate the response, hopefully I can provide some answers to this problem soon in case anyone else runs into it. I should have time to look into it more on Sunday.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have no idea about the accessport's ability to read switch states..

I also agree about the seeming necessity for a bunch of circuit protectors to need to fail at once to give your cars symptoms.. I'm just trying to check all of the sources.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apologize in advance for being an idiot. The problem ended up being a blown fuse, just not the one I had checked. I had checked the R. FOG/C. FAN/TRAIL fuse, thinking that was the one responsible for the climate controls, but it ended up being the AC/IG fuse. Swapped it out and it works just fine. Thanks for your help, Obeisance, and sorry for the false alarm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2009 WRX and the climate controls stopped working the other day, as in none of the controls do anything anymore. The indicator lights on the dials don't come on, the blower doesn't blow, and the rear defroster doesn't work. I checked the climate control-related fuses and all of them are fine.

My A/C compressor clutch recently failed, and I ended up removing the A/C belt until I can get the compressor replaced. This issue doesn't appear to be related to the climate control problem, because the climate controls were working fine for a couple of days while the compressor belt was removed.

I'm guessing there's a wiring problem--either a short, bad connection, rodent-chewed wire, or something along those lines, but I was wondering if there were any other possibilities or if anyone else has had a similar problem. Any help is appreciated.
I have the same problem, checked all the fuses and relays that corresponds with the a/c but nothing, did you manage to solve your problem??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize in advance for being an idiot. The problem ended up being a blown fuse, just not the one I had checked. I had checked the R. FOG/C. FAN/TRAIL fuse, thinking that was the one responsible for the climate controls, but it ended up being the AC/IG fuse. Swapped it out and it works just fine. Thanks for your help, Obeisance, and sorry for the false alarm.
This didn't work for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts