ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way back from woodfield mall (schaumberg, il) i came upon a 04 Mustang GT on rt.20 i was cruising with my friend that has a evo iv with TBE. he desided to pass me and try and give the mustang the business, ofcourse its a v8 so he went after him, but never caught up to my friends evo.

anyways we get off on Randall rd. (elgin, il) and my friend turns off to go to his house, and i decided what my car would do racing a mustang gt.

after a visual inspection while on the roll, the mustang had exhaust and 2 people + driver.

my car has invidia 3" catless DP, and me + 2 friends. so we are about even body weight, i prollie had a lil less cuz we are all not too big.

so this mustang keeps speeding off and i am trying to catch a light with him. finally we get one. i start bouncing the rpms for my launch, the light turns green, and we both go. my tires spin bad (wtf!) and i pull 2 cars then look into the rear view mirror and his back end is kicking out every which way.

so he then catches up and we decided to go from a rool, i put my car in 2nd and let him take off a lil before i go, and then i start pulling hard, about 3 cars. we then went again but from third, jus about the same maybe a lil less of a lead for me.

i was proud of my car, considering going in to it, i thought if i didnt race him from a stop i would lose...

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
lets hope the LGT gears in the 08 like that more than the 02-07

·
Registered
257 Posts
:thumbup: Congratz! And the WRX is around~150-200lbs lighter than the mustang.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Good runs.. and it's always nice reading stories about areas you're familiar with :)

Sounds like the Mustang you encountered was auto or the guy didn't know how to drive. I know the ground is cold, but if you're racing someone (especially an awd car) you don't want to be swinging your rear off the line like that. And then you beating him from a roll twice at 3 car lengths raises some flags as well.

Def. sounds like an Auto GT though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
0 Posts
nice kill

·
Registered
682 Posts
+1. I'm a little worried about all that wheelspin for you. How high did you launch at? sounds like you dumped it?
+1

To OP - I don't know how much stronger the new gears are supposed to be but good luck with them if you're gonna keep doing this.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
+1. I'm a little worried about all that wheelspin for you. How high did you launch at? sounds like you dumped it?
Read the post he banged it of the limiter so 7k launch

Did you do this with traction controls on?

·
Registered
749 Posts
The 08 WRX may also have Legacy-like launch characteristics, meaning a huge tendancy to spin the front tires at launch. In my LGT I have a hard time getting quicker than 1.8 60ft's because of the weight transfer and resulting loss of traction.

I've ditched the stock tires so maybe next time I hit the track it'll be different.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Read the post he banged it of the limiter so 7k launch

Did you do this with traction controls on?
4k slip. the light were at the road was angled to the right and thats the way my car slipped. this is unusual for my car to do, but it happened this time.

yeah i am pretty sure it was an auto becuz after i raced him from the one light he got behind me and did a burn out while the light was red...

i wish i coulda expressed to him how lame he looked...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did your buddy by chance run a White C5 while you were out cruisin?
i didnt cruise up there with him, but if it was a white evo iv with no spoiler, that was him lol

i can see him doing it too lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
I can't wait until the old guys pull out their crisis cars in the late spring so I can see how my new bugeye stacks up to 'em. Stang's don't impress me much these days. They are still decent, but when a wagon can take a cobra you know Ford isn't trying their hardest.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah, it's getting pretty bad now.

Apparently wrx's > GT's and cobra's are not impressive because wrx wagons beat them :rotfl::rotfl:

Ray needs to create a graph of linearly increasing ignorance amongst members of this site.
Hrmm... I think that graph would look like a supra's dyno sheet eh?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.