ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it a wise choice after driving the wrx to let it cool down for a few seconds to a min? or does the car already have something that does that. reason being i owned an old 86 toyota supra and would let it sit after everydrive for about 30-60 seconds before shutting it off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
is it a wise choice after driving the wrx to let it cool down for a few seconds to a min? or does the car already have something that does that. reason being i owned an old 86 toyota supra and would let it sit after everydrive for about 30-60 seconds before shutting it off.
I think the turbo is water cooled or something, and also for its placement in the motor I believe Subaru designed it to allow cool down even after the motor is turned off. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know its fine if you turn it off. After riding it hard, it couldn't hurt to let the motor cool down for a minute when you get done driving though? Just my two cents

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
The turbo is designed to be just fine with no additional cool off period.
Please take some time to explore the link in my signature.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The turbo is designed to be just fine with no additional cool off period.
Please take some time to explore the link in my signature.
+1. Which is why it's unnecessary to waste money on a turbo timer if you're on the stock turbo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's like this with all IHI turbos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts