ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the shifter knob of an '08 WRX?

Also, where can I get a nice replacement, something that's weighted?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
How do you remove the shifter knob of an '08 WRX?

Also, where can I get a nice replacement, something that's weighted?

Thanks in advance! :)
  1. Push down
  2. Turn counterclockwise
  3. Pull knob off leather boot (you really gotta yank it)

I have the Razo Drift RA117 with is 480 grams (1 lb center weighted)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shifter Knob Removal

I tried unscrewing it before I asked here, actually. But when I did, I ended up unscrewing part of the Subie's short-throw shifter (the metal rod where the knob is attached to) :whoa:. So I thought, I definitely missed something :unhappy: because in my previous car (Scion tC), I simply twisted it and unscrewed the stock shifter knob.

·
Registered
100 Posts
well your question was answered above your last post. Apparently they changed it.

So you also came from the Scion tC land? Me too. I had a supercharged Silver tC. I thought it was pretty quick and it was, but the WRX made it feel slow. :eek:

In a way I wish I would have waited for an 08, but I got such a good deal on my 06 that I can't complain too much. Do I miss my tC? a little...but every time I hit the gas in the WRX I forget a little more about the Scion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well your question was answered above your last post. Apparently they changed it.

So you also came from the Scion tC land? Me too. I had a supercharged Silver tC. I thought it was pretty quick and it was, but the WRX made it feel slow. :eek:

In a way I wish I would have waited for an 08, but I got such a good deal on my 06 that I can't complain too much. Do I miss my tC? a little...but every time I hit the gas in the WRX I forget a little more about the Scion.
Yeah, I came from Scion tC land. I had an '06 Azure Pearl with a few bolt-ons. It had a slushbox, too, so that was one of the reasons for the trade-in. Plus, and most importantly, it was a FWD.

Indeed, these WRX's can do more. I was doing 80 this morning and I just stepped on the gas some more while on 5th gear to see what it can do. Of course it did more. :thumbup: Tomorrow, I'm gonna receive my AccessPort from Perrin. Can't wait!!! :wiggles:

I'm gonna try if I can remove the knob without that metal piece coming off too.

Thanks to all of you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have an 08, the knob just unscrews and comes off... how did you know that the actual shifting shaft was turning instead of the knob itself? isn't that under the boot? if you want, you could take apart the center section and get under the boot to hold the shifting shaft still haha. but thats kind of a ***** haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts