ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a constant code for a missfire I put new plug and coilpack in and cel went off while idle but when I drive it will flash cel with code p0303 then go off again im not sure what more I can do or where to start with the new symptoms also replaced front 02 sensor

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Have you checked for boost and vacuum leaks? It's not uncommon to have either on an older vehicle.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Well, that's one way. Usually you won't see the hole you have actually smoke test it.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
There is a misfire thread floating around, I'm on mobile so it's a pain to hunt down. I'd check there and go through what you can. If you can avoid driving it, I would.

Misfires can be caused by multiple issues, I believe even a heat shield can trigger the knock sensor and not actually be knock.

Plugs, coils and fuel are always a good first step. You can clean the MAF as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a misfire thread floating around, I'm on mobile so it's a pain to hunt down. I'd check there and go through what you can. If you can avoid driving it, I would.

Misfires can be caused by multiple issues, I believe even a heat shield can trigger the knock sensor and not actually be knock.

Plugs, coils and fuel are always a good first step. You can clean the MAF as well.
Thank you appreciate your help

·
Registered
2008 Subaru WRX
2 Posts
Have you checked for boost and vacuum leaks? It's not uncommon to have either on an older vehicle.
Took it back to my tuner and apparently it was tuned for an Sti and was constantly over boosting. All fixed now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts