Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys have a 08 wrx started modding a bit heavily and need some opinions on a clutch upgrade option. Wasn't looking at anything specific. With the upgrades I have clutch is going to be toast shortly. Upgrades are: accessport, Cobb inlet tube, Grimm speed cold air, mishimoto top mount, Cobb tb coupler, tomeika 18g turbo, tomeika equal length headers and uppipe, invidia catted down to invidia cat back, Cobb short throw. Currently going through tuning but clutch cannot handle the power its making so I need a decent upgrade any opinions would be awesome Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
You'll need to buy clutch based off of the torque your engine puts out. Do you have an estimation of how much power and torque you are making?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aware of that, not sure of exact numbers as my buddy over at Evans tuning, jeff is sending me etunes.... Possibly projected around 350whp if not a bit more when done

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
You can probably get away with some of the heavy duty stock replacements by a company like exedy, competition clutch, or act.

Check rally sport direct. Any name brand should be good quality stuff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I already have the exedy replacement and it won't hold up to the Power at all I put it in 5k miles ago and after the 775cc injectors and bigger turbo it will not hold the power so going to need a much better one I keep finding the competion clutch setup with flywheel for like 900 but there are no reviews

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
Yeah I already have the exedy replacement and it won't hold up to the Power at all I put it in 5k miles ago and after the 775cc injectors and bigger turbo it will not hold the power so going to need a much better one I keep finding the competion clutch setup with flywheel for like 900 but there are no reviews
Is it the factory replacement or the heavy duty replacement.

This is the one I had in mind maybe I'm underestimating the power your car will put down

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...heavy-duty-performance-street-disc-clutch-kit

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
That looks like a viable option however I've never had good luck with act clutches never lasted in my vr4 or 91 foxbody lol
Check through their site. I think they have the torque handling capabilities listed for all of their clutches.

·
BooSTIng
2,267 Posts
Check out the ACT Heavy Duty Street clutch kit. It should be able to hold the torque you are putting out and more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts