ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to get a new pair of all season tires for 2008 WRX Sedan. I have been doing some research and I am coming across a lot of all season tires but I am having a difficult time choosing.

I need some recommendations on the some good All Season tires for less then a $100 a pop.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Good
All-season (assuming you'll see snow)
Sub-$100

Nothing comes to mind, to be honest

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I've used Falken Ziex 502's and 912's, both of them have been great throughout winter and summer (though they aren't the best at anything, except maybe wet traction) and I would recommend those. Plus you can get them for a steal from Vulcan Tire Sales - Tires, Tire Chains, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS), and More... Falken - Yokohama - Pirelli - Kumho - Goodyear - Nexen - RV Tires, Tire Reviews and more.... 912's have a bit softer compound though, so winter is not as good as the 502's but summer is MUCH better. They grip extremely well for an all season.

All seasons work for everything, but are good at nothing. You're much better off having dedicated sets of summers and winters.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My tire size is 205/50-17. I am looking for some tires that have good grip on dry and wet roads. I also plan to go to the mountains so I want a tire that can grip good in the snow.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
If you want good grip in the snow and the dry, all seasons are NOT for you. You're asking for a tire that doesn't exist.

You're going to be much better off with a dedicated set of summers and winters if you want the best of everything. Like I said all seasons work in everything, but aren't particularly good at anything.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read that these size tires 215/45R17 will also work too. I read that this size is a little wider. What is better to go with 215/45R17 or 205/50ZR17?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Something like the Conti DWS will be pretty solid in the dry, really good in the wet, and will handle light snow and cold temps. Not sure your going to find them for under $100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts