ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
This is my first post, and I made sure to do some searching before starting a new thread. I have some questions about the controversial seats in the USDM 08 STi. These questions are best answered by someone who has sat in the seats, and maybe have spent some time in them.
By looking at them I can see the driver's seat has the same controls as the standard WRX, which I have sat in and find perfectly comfortable. My FIRST question is, does the STi's driver's seat roll back the same distance as the WRX? I ask because I'm 6'4", and the roll back distance was fine in the WRX for me. SECOND, the side bolsters in the STi seem to be of the same aggressiveness as the WRX seats, can anyone confirm this? The WRX seats are fine for me, and I could handle a little more aggressiveness, but I'm looking for some real-world experience.
I ask these questions because I need to replace my current car quickly and would like to put in an order for an STi before I would actually have a chance to sit in one. I've driven the new WRX a few times and have experience in older STi's, so I know the new one is right for me. It frustrates me, but there seem to be NONE in the Chicago/ Midwest area that I can sit in.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to being an active member of this forum!

Ryan

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Welcome to the club.

WRX

Headroom (front/rear)
40.3 in./37.6 in.

Legroom (front/rear)
43.5 in./33.5 in.

Shoulder room
54.8 in./53.2 in.

STi

Headroom (front/rear)
40.3 in./37.6 in.

Legroom (front/rear)
43.5 in./33.5 in.

Shoulder room
54.8 in./53.2 in.

Same interior. Same seats, just different fabric and trim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, the 08 STI seats roll back the same distance as the WRX. To me (5'7, 150 lb), the back bolsters feel similar but the seat seems to hold me in a bit better. I'm not sure if this is because of the grippier material selection on the STI or not.

I don't have any issues with either seats. They're not the best for a race car but they seem to be a good compromise for the road. Both are much comfier and more supportive than the bench-seat-feeling buckets in the 07 cars. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for both replies! I will be ordering an STi after work on friday!

I'm looking forward to entering the Subaru world, my current car, a 2006 Mini Cooper S, has had nothing but problems. In 27 months of ownership, the car has been in for major repairs about 5 times. Subaru's seem to very reliable and sturdy cars. I was thinking about purchasing a Volvo C30, but after test driving an 08 WRX, it just felt so much more solid. I was going to spend nearly 34,000 on the Volvo, but for only a couple of thousand more, the STi seems like SUCH a better car for the money!

Ryan

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Gerald subaru of Naperville Il. told me they will have the first shipment of Sti's right after new years.

·
Premium Member
23,369 Posts
Yes, the 08 STI seats roll back the same distance as the WRX. To me (5'7, 150 lb), the back bolsters feel similar but the seat seems to hold me in a bit better. I'm not sure if this is because of the grippier material selection on the STI or not.

I don't have any issues with either seats. They're not the best for a race car but they seem to be a good compromise for the road. Both are much comfier and more supportive than the bench-seat-feeling buckets in the 07 cars. :)
thanks G for the reply

pic of seats from 08 STI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts