Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so hopefully this is in the correct place... I am currently in the market for a used WRX. They fit what I'm looking for: 4 door practicality, AWD (Minnesota), standard transmission, and fun to drive.

My price range is right around $15k, and I prefer the wide body of the 2011-14 WRX, which I can find in my range with 90k miles or so. I also only interested in bone stock cars.

Now my question is, I have found a 2008 STI bone stock with the same sort of miles (94k), for the same price. To me this seems like it might be a solid option. I even checked insurance rates and to my surprise it would be cheaper for me to insure the older STI

Is there any reason to rule out this? What sort of issues should I be looking at? I appreciate any and all input as I'm still trying to educate myself on these cars!

Thank you!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm far from being an expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt . . . or maybe a teaspoon of salt.

Difference is 3-6 years . . . which in my opinion may mean simply that even with similar mileage the older car could have more rust damage simply because it's been out longer and subject to the salty winter roads.

In either case, at 90-94K you are quickly approaching the time when these cars will need the timing belts done . . . which most folks tend to include with a changed water pump and a few other items.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts