ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all the other 2008 owners:

I talked to Subaru today and they tell me that they hope to have the intake out and for purchase within 30 days. They also told me that they HOPE to have the performance exhaust out by the 1st of the Year. So the name of the game is time...

·
Registered
28 Posts
parts

Thanks for the info. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
to all the other 2008 owners:

I talked to Subaru today and they tell me that they hope to have the intake out and for purchase within 30 days. They also told me that they HOPE to have the performance exhaust out by the 1st of the Year. So the name of the game is time...
intake in about 30 days? awesome. cant wait.
do you know where we will be able to purchase it? website?

As for the exhaust, i am getting 3" put on right now. I just dropped off my car. Stock DP of course.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
intake in about 30 days? awesome. cant wait.
do you know where we will be able to purchase it? website?

As for the exhaust, i am getting 3" put on right now. I just dropped off my car. Stock DP of course.

the intake will be from SPT, so off the Subaru website.

PLEASE POST SOUND VIDEO OF EXHAUST

·
Registered
211 Posts
the intake will be from SPT, so off the Subaru website.

PLEASE POST SOUND VIDEO OF EXHAUST
if i can get my friends camera i will have video tonight. he owns an STI so it should be no problem.

i will also take a few interior pics of the WideBand and Boost Gauge. I still wont have my new pod untill tomorrow, so the wideband will just be chillin' un-mounted.

Perrin Gauge Pod
AEM WideBand

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice. i cant wait until i can really get on my car. its sooooo hard not to lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Custom Exhaust Pics and Vids

Ok, the Exhaust and WideBand are on. There are 2 Cats on the car. One right after the turbo and another small one a little further down. The second one was going to come off but there is a stock Oxygen Sensor built into it. Lame. So i decided to keep that one on also. Didnt want to start throwing codes. The stock muffler is a beast, wish i got a picture to compare them. I totally could have gone with the stock tip, but the new one looks very similar.

New Exhaust:

In the video i was revving to 3k, then bouncing the RPMs 4k-4.5k, and last revved it to around 5k. not redline. Sorry about it being dark, i blame YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNr573FkC0

Next up is a short clip of the WideBand. I went WOT in 1st and 2nd then i ran out of straight road.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7euXpsqM4j0

now all i have to do is wait for my Perrin Gauge Pod to come in tomorrow after noon. Going to test out the new BOV since i had a custom flange made. I dont think it will stay on for more than 2 min. But if the car likes it and i have no issues it might stay on.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:cool: love it. how much it cost if you dont mind me asking...

i got my car tinted today looks verday niace!

·
Registered
211 Posts
:cool: love it. how much it cost if you dont mind me asking...

i got my car tinted today looks verday niace!
I am hoping to get mine tinted soon too.
It cost me $500 for the BOV flange, pipe, muffler, and labor for the WideBand install.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not too shabby. i got to wait until SPT comes out with there stuff. my dealership is giving me free goodies :p

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when i had my tC i didnt tint my windows cuz i was always making my car faster. well with this Suby the first thing i did was tint the windows cuz there is nothing to do performance wise [in my situation atleast]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i will take one today before i leave to wisconsin and take a vacation from the forums for the weekend.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the tint

5% in the back 5.
32% in the front 2.

i like it alot personally

1 - 20 of 20 Posts