ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woo hoo first post :)
Ok, so, I just bought a brand spankin new 2007 wrx TR, and have a couple of questions about it.

1) Does anyone know offhand the size injectors I have?
2) Can I swap out my transmission for an STI (or comparable) tranny?
3) What basic strengthening upgrades should I purchase? (I've already blown a clutch, and the tech at mastro sub. told me I would break my tranny if I upgraded the clutch to a stage 2 or higher). Just anything that might break easily under a heavy load.
4) and Finally, what upgrades would you suggest to get my car in the high 12's asap. Hopefully this is still using the stock turbo ;) I don't want to upgrade that just yet, would like to stay under 20 psi or so.

Now, the mods I want to do; pardon me if I am naive in wanting these over any other, I'm new to this suby stuff, I had a gs-t before.

I) Buschur Racing Subaru Stage 1 1500 bucks
II) Buschur Racing Subaru Stage 2 415 bucks
III) COBB Tuning 5spd Stage 1 Drivetrain Package 225 bucks
IV)Agency Power WRX 5spd Shifter Bushings 45 bucks (what can I say I hate the stock shift feel and want it to be a little stiffer.)
V) Buschur Racing COBB AP Custom Map 150 bucks.

Ok, so, I plan on purchasing 3 maps, one of which I plan having one set for the track (map built for a stop/launch, and then full peak power all the way through the gears). The next I would like to have for street racing (like, power from a 40 roll, but not necessarily blowing the hell out of my engine).
And with the 3rd tune I want to purchase I was thinking about lowering the boost level and fuel levels to a ridiculously low amount to get great mpg cause i drive a lot, a seriously ridiculous amount. 5-10k miles a month.
I commute 100-200 miles daily during the week. sometimes less depending.

Is it even possible to run a map like the last one I described?

And for one last question I forgot to ask,

6) What suggestions overall can you make for me? Different parts/ more parts for balance/ your an idiot; do this different/ anything really.

Thank you immensely in advance for the help :)

Pardon any misspells it's late lol

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
:rotfl:
i'm sorry, my advice is to keep it stock...at least through break in. but you've already "blown a clutch" soo....

:rotfl:
PS weclome to the club go check out the new member hangout and all the stickies.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is plenty of threads to research man. Dont jump the gun. Do it right the first time on what you do. Search around. Your awnswers are out there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
617 Posts
treat your suby right and abide by the break-in period spelled out by SOA. Then mod away!

·
Registered
905 Posts
1) 2007 injectors are top feed, 560cc
2) yes, you can do an STi transmission swap, but the DCCD takes some work (havent looked too deeply into it, only hear-say)

IV) if you do an STi tranny swap, you will have a 6 speed, not sure if they are the same bushings as 5speed. might as well get a short throw shifter, while youre there, too

comments: CobbAccessPORT cobb map details has several OTS maps pre-installed, including a 'launch control enabled' map, economy, valet, stage 1 & 2, etc. might provide something youre looking for. wont give you something for top end power though, youll need a protune for that.

6) read the details on the CobbAP, whats mods are required to run specific maps. stage 2 map requires TBE upgrade.
more comments: +1 on above posts, search everything youre curious about, and make your products decisions after doing so.

just my thoughts, interesting post you have.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Get a turbo back exhaust and an access port, it's called stage 2.

·
Registered
222 Posts
welcome to the family, how did you blow the clutch on a spanking new 07?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i went to the track the first day I got it to race my best friend.
It's a long story really, but we compete at everything.
His saturn Ion redline was killing the **** out of my eclipse so to say the least I was perterbed. Once I got my suby i thought I'd just go out and spank him.
So we go to the track and on my first run I launch it really easy. He kills me by about a second on 1/4 mile time. Ouch. He forgot to tell me he upgraded his S/C to stage 3 and installed a meth kit, along with various other mods. I decided that for the rest of the night I would even the odds some by taking advantage of my awd :) so about 10 runs later, launching all 5k-7k (testing it to see what worked best) we went home.

Was driving around 3 days later, accelerated just a bit too quick and my engine redlines, but my gear was fully engaged. Argh.

So I'm slightly smarter now and I'm not doing any launch races, only rolls.

It sucks though because I lose so much time launching my car like it doesnt have awd just to preserve it. I feel like i bought a car with a more complex drivetrain (and more weight) for.... nothing really.

Oh well, I jumped the gun on buying the wrx but I'm sticking with it :) would've bought an STI had I done more research on the tranny though :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts